Midlo utilizes bus loop for textbook distribution and library book pickup

Midlothian High School offers curbside services

Mrs. Emilia Evans issues a textbook in Midlo Library’s textbook distribution 2020.

On September 14-16, 2020, Midlothian High School hosted a textbook distribution event for students at the bus loop. Carts filled with textbooks lined the exterior of the building as students, wearing masks, obtained their books. Between 4-6 p.m., staff members greeted students and parents, handing them the materials necessary for virtual learning. 

In preparation for the textbook distribution, the library faculty put together packets for students and parents, filled with items ranging from Driver’s Education manuals to art supplies. Textbook distribution “was a whirlwind of textbooks, class rosters, and Google Forms for days,” assistant librarian Mrs. Emilia Evans stated. For the students who do not have their textbooks yet, Ms. Kismiya Sapp, Dean of Students, advises, “Students and parents should contact their teacher directly to schedule a time to pick up any textbooks or materials needed for their classes.”

In addition to the textbook distribution, the Midlo library hosts a curbside book service. Every Wednesday from 2-4 p.m, students can visit the bus loop to pick up and drop off their library books. Students may request the books they want by filling out a Google Form before 9 a.m. on the Wednesday they plan to acquire the book. Upon arrival at the school, students should go to door #26 to pick up or return their books. The library is offering no late fees or fines at this time to all Midlothian students. Curbside Pickup will continue as a recurring event until school fully reopens. For more information on curbside pickup, please visit the Midlothian High School Library website. Visit the online library catalog to see what books are available for pickup.

These services offer a safe and innovative way for any students looking to utilize resources during the virtual time. Although school isn’t in session, Midlothian High School students and faculty have done an amazing job adapting to this new normal.