• Send pictures to [email protected]!

• To place an ad in the Midlo Scoop, contact Mrs. Tully at [email protected] Thanks for your support!

Filed under Sports

Foster Joins the Ranks

Junior David Foster Verbally Commits to Play D1 Lacrosse at VMI

Junior+D1+VMI+lacrosse+commit%2C+David+Foster%2C+defends+a+Western+Albemarle+offender.+
Junior D1 VMI lacrosse commit, David Foster, defends a Western Albemarle offender.

Junior David Foster has played Midlothian Varsity Boys Lacrosse for the past two spring seasons. He is a starting defender this season and has been a standout player since joining the team his freshman year.

Foster has played lacrosse for 10 years and participates in a national travel team, Coast 2 Coast Lacrosse. Members of C2C attend the top recruiting tournaments and are coached by former world team players, Major League Lacrosse/National League Lacrosse professional lacrosse players, former college lacrosse coaches, and current high school coaches.

In the fall of 2016, Foster and his father visited the Virginia Military Institute for alumni day. Foster had expressed his interest in playing to the head coach, Jon Birsner, and set up a visit. After the visit in October, Coach Birsner offered him a spot on the Class of 2022 team. After taking some time to consider his options, Foster made his decision and verbally committed to VMI’s D1 Men’s Lacrosse Team in late November.

This season and his senior season, Foster hopes to “win a state title.” Many of his fellow teammates have voiced the same goal and believe that this group of young men can take the state title.

Foster feels thankful and honored for this opportunity, saying, “I’m very excited because VMI is the school I really wanted to go to before lacrosse was even an option, so once I got an offer, it was a no brainer.”

• Foster Joins the Ranks

New Beginnings

• Foster Joins the Ranks

Spring Sports

Saying Farewell to the Game

• Foster Joins the Ranks

Christmas in the Spring

• Foster Joins the Ranks

Order Your All Sports Athletic Pass!

• Foster Joins the Ranks

Seniors Snap Longstanding Streak

• Foster Joins the Ranks

Spring Sports

Game, Set, Match

• Foster Joins the Ranks

Marlins Catch Vincent

• Foster Joins the Ranks

Spring Sports

Longing for Greatness

• Foster Joins the Ranks

Off to a Kicking Start

• Foster Joins the Ranks

Spring Sports

Future Softball Stars

Foster Joins the Ranks