Out of the loop? Get the scoop!

Out of the loop? Get the scoop!

Out of the loop? Get the scoop!

Can this Girls Soccer team win a State Championship?

Mid-Season Varsity Girls Soccer Review
Photo by: midlowsoccer
Midlothian’s team picture after earning themselves their first win of the season against the Manchester Lancers.

As they approach the mid-way point of the season, the Midlothian Trojans have performed at a top fifteen level in the state during this spring season. A large part of this has to do with their defense playing at a championship level, stability within their coaching staff, and a dynamic offensive attack that has carried them to a 5-0 start to the season.

At the heart of their backline is sophomore Alexandra Miller, a versatile defender who can seamlessly transition from the center-back position to the flanks. Alexandra’s speed and agility allow her to cover vast swaths of the pitch, shutting down any attacking threats that dare to venture into her territory. Rounding out the defensive trio is junior Faith Lucero, a rising star whose protects the outside area of the field and begins the counter attack from switching the field.

While the Trojans’ defense has been the backbone of the team, their midfield has been the engine that drives their success. At the center of this dynamic unit is senior Ellanor Searcey, a player who has great vision,passing ability, and agility. Ellanor’s ability to dictate the tempo of the game and orchestrate the team’s attacking moves has been a sight to behold, as she effortlessly threads passes through the opposition’s lines and creates scoring opportunities for her teammates.

Up front, the Trojans boast a dominant goal-scoring threat in the form of senior striker, Megan Dwyer. Dwyer has reached the peak of her powers in terms of controlling the pace of play on counter attacks, being efficient in the box on set pieces, and being a skilled dribbler at the width of the field, Megan has been a nightmare for opposing defenses. In addition to that, her ability to find space in the final third, while  having clinical finishing to close out games has earned her several game-deciding goals this season. This includes a game sealing penalty kick against Cosby to earn them an historic 1-0 win against the Titans at F.W. Poates Stadium.

Overseeing this talented and cohesive squad is a coaching staff that has been instrumental in the team’s success. Led by head coach Brandon Flowers, the Trojans’ coaching team has instilled a championship mentality and a relentless work ethic in their players. Their tactical acumen and being competent enough to get the best out of their squad have been crucial in the team’s undefeated start.

As the season progresses, the Midlothian Trojans Varsity Girls Soccer team shows no signs of slowing down. With their  defense, dynamic midfield, and potent attacking threat, they have become a threat to compete for a state championship in the middle of June. The players’ unwavering commitment to the team’s success, coupled with the guidance of their coaching staff, has created a formidable force that is poised to make a deep run in the postseason.