Boys Volleyball crushes the Cavaliers on Senior Night

Boys Volleyball Senior Night 2021

Photo by: Bridget Tracy
Head Coach Ian Wajciechawski prepares the team for their match-up against Clover Hill.

During a high-intensity game against the Clover Hill Cavaliers on Tuesday, September 14, 2021, the Midlo Boys Varsity team, under the leadership of Head Coach Ian Wajciechawski, emerged victorious. 

In conjunction with the 3-0 win, the Trojans celebrated Senior Night prior to the start of the game.  The pending graduates honored for the 2021-2022 season included Jack Copeland, Connor Krawczuk, Brady Hanley, Ryan Lowe, Colin Mendoza, Jack Beattie and Ryland Nostheide. While each player escorted their guardians down the court, their most memorable moments and future aspirations were announced by the JV players for all to hear.

Jack Copeland has served as a member of the boys volleyball team for a total of three years. The team’s well-deserved triumph over the Thomas Dale Knights represents his favorite memory with the team thus far. Post-high school, Copeland plans on majoring in finance at either Virginia Tech or Liberty University in the fall of 2022.

Ryan Lowe has played for the Trojan volleyball program for a total of three years. His favorite memory consists of the time when one of his teammates was wrongfully carded four times throughout a single game. After high school, Lowe wishes to pursue a degree in aerospace engineering. 

Connor Krawczuk has been a part of the Midlo Volleyball Program for the past three years. As for his favorite memory from his time on the team, he enjoyed their winning match-up against Thomas Dale during the 2021 season after persevering through a long five sets. Currently, Krawczuk has hopes of majoring in justice studies at James Madison University.

Brady Hanley has served as a member of the boys volleyball team for the past three years, where he has enjoyed spending time with his teammates and playing the team’s anthem, “Donda” by Kanye West, to put them in the right mindset before every game. For his post-high school plans, Hanley plans on going to James Madison University.

Colin Mendoza has played for the Midlo Volleyball team for three years. Mendoza remains grateful for all of the opportunities the program has awarded him, as well as the many memorable experiences throughout the seasons. As of now, he plans on studying sports therapy while in college.

Jack Beattie, one of the team’s captains, has been a part of the Midlo Volleyball Program for all four years of his high school career. His favorite memory from over the years is the boys’s recent win against Thomas Dale on their home court. Looking back at his time on the team, he will miss “team practices and dinners the most,” Beattie said. After graduation, Beattie plans on attending the University of South Carolina where he will major in communications and journalism. 

Rylan Nostheide has acted as a pillar for the Midlo volleyball program for five years, having joined the team as an eighth grader. As a team captain, Nosteide reflects fondly on the moment during his freshman year when the team successfully secured a win at the JV Tournament at the end of the season. He hopes to attend either James Madison University or Virginia Tech in the fall of 2022.

Congratulations, seniors!