Patterson Summers and Caroline Bowe receive February Students of the Month Award

February 2021 Students of the Month

As the third nine weeks comes to an end, faculty at Midlo awarded the February Students of the Month. Students of the month represent Midlo’s core RISE values: Respectful, Impactful, responSible, and courtEous. Midlo’s Students of the Month are star track athlete, Caroline Bowe, and Sophomore Class President Patterson Summers. 

Administrators joined Summers’s English class Google Meet and explained how Summers’s  involvement in Midlo over the past school year has made a tremendous impact. Summers is a part of the Midlo Varsity Swim Team and is also in the I.B. Program. Leading and contributing to numerous student events at Midlo during COVID-19, Summers continues to demonstrate R.I.S.E values throughout the community. Teachers admire Summers’s ability to help peers and his positive attitude.  “It was incredibly sweet to hear all the kind things that my teachers had to say about me!” Summers said. 

Caroline Bowe has been an active participant in the running community since 2014, when she joined the Midlothian Middle track team. Since the start of her running career, Bowe has been named the 2019 1000-meters State Champion and was a part of the 2019 All-State Cross Country team. Bowe constantly puts forth 100% effort on and off the track. Because of this, she was recruited to join the Division 1 Cross Country and Track & Field at the University of Virginia. “It was such an honor to be named February Student of the Month! I have the best teachers and have learned so much from them this year,” Bowe said.  Bowe uses her leadership skills from the track in everyday life and continues to be a role model for Midlo students. 

Congratulations Patterson and Caroline!