IB elects new student leaders

IB Student Council Elections 2022-23

On Sept. 20, the 2022-23 IB Student Council Elections were held. All IB students congregated in the auditorium to hear the candidates speak about why they are qualified for positions on the council. Students voted for a new President, Vice President, Secretary, and Historian. 

This year, each student council spot had multiple students running for its position. Candidates were allowed a two minute speech. Running for the position of historian were Morgan Hamm,11, and Anna Schwan,11. Running for the position of Secretary were Lauren Smithson, 11, and Esther Ali, 11. Running for the position of Vice President were Anosh Pithawalla, 12, and Beth Agegne, 11, Running for the position of President were Rose Garza, 12, Abdullah Rana, 12, and Cameron Penn ,12.  

After hearing from each candidate, students were given the link for voting. Candidates went around the auditorium assisting students with any questions they had about the voting process. Results were announced at 3 p.m. that day on the IB Canvas Page by IB Coordinator, Stuart Jones, who expressed his gratitude for everyone who had taken the time to run for their position and his joy for getting to work with this year’s Student Council. 

Thank you to all of our students who ran for an elected position on the IB Student Council for the 2022-23 school year, and congratulations to our new Student Officers!” Jones said. 

2022-23 IB Student Council Officers: 

President: Cam Penn

Vice-President: Beth Agegne

Secretary: Lauren Smithson

Historian: Morgan Hamm