Family and friends show the Class of 2020 some love

Midlo Senior Shout-Outs

School closures due to COVID-19 put a damper on many senior activities, but the family and friends of the Class of 2020 wanted to give them their moment in the spotlight.

Congratulations, Class of 2020! We’ll miss you!

I’m glad you all showed out for at least one pep rally your senior year.  Miss and love you all.  ~ Dr. Abel 🙂

Congratulations Class of 2020!  I wish you all the best and will miss you! To my own Seniors, please continue to keep in touch and take good care of yourselves! I can’t wait to hear of your future successes!  ~Mrs. Lawson

Will Acker

Congratulations! Good luck in your future endeavors!

Love, Midlo Scoop Staff

Annika Anderson

Annika, Your life is yours to live.  Your strengths are to be shared.  Always find grace. Cherish life’s moments of happiness for they are the foundation of heaven’s peace.  We couldn’t be more proud of you!

Love, Mom, Dad and Odin

Sophia Arabia

Congratulations, Sophia!!!  You thought this day would never come, and now here it is! Time flew by, and new adventures await- On to the next chapter! We are so proud of you, and we love you so much!

Dad and Mom

Daniel Baker

Congratulations! With your wit and personality, you are headed for great things.

Love, Midlo Scoop Staff

Sarah Bingham

Sarah, you have worked hard at your studies and have accomplished your world geography goal of being able to visit all seven continents! While this is not the graduation year that we all expected, know you are loved and supported in your new adventures at VCU!! You have cheered, danced, and served through your entire school career.  We know you will be successful at life! Thanks to all the teachers, helpers, and especially Shawn Abel, for supporting you in your final years!

Love, Mom, Dad, Laura, Kevin, Jason, & Grandma

The Thompsons

The Harlows

Bennett Blair

Bennett – You have always been a joy and we love you very much! We are so proud of you and are excited for your adventures in Colorado! Go Buffs!!

Love, Mahi and your fam club 

Brandon Brown

Brandon, We are proud of your accomplishments, and we can’t wait to see what is ahead for you in Knoxville, at the University of Tennessee.  Work hard, follow your dreams, and never doubt the possibilities when God is in control!  Wear orange proudly…Volunteer Nation is lucky to have you join them.  Go Vols! We love you!

Mom, Dad, and Lissa

Hannah Brown

Congratulations, Hannah! We love you and are so proud of you! You will make this world more interesting and worthwhile for all that you do.

Love, Mom and Dad

Bailey Carter

Congratulations, Bailey! Go out and do great things at ODU!

Love, Midlo Scoop Staff

Connor Chamberlain

Our wish for you as you embark on a promising future:

“Go and make interesting mistakes, make amazing mistakes, make glorious and fantastic mistakes. Break rules. Leave the world more interesting for your being here.” – Neil Gaiman

We are so proud of you.

Love, Mom & Dad

Andrew Chukin

Congratulations, Andrew! We are proud of you!

Conan Darrah

Congratulations, Conan! With your limitless talent and grace, you are destined for an extremely special, important future. Keep pushing forward, making a positive difference in this world. Good luck at the Pratt Institute. We are proud of you.

Love, Midlo Scoop Staff

Drew Duren

Congratulations, Drew!  Go find your awesome future self! Your inner… ROBOCOP! Your spiritual… JOHN MCLAIN! We are so proud of you!

Love, Mom, Dad, and Matt

Jessica Elmore

Congratulations, Jess!! We are so proud of you, and we love you!!

~ Mom, Dad, Lauren, Scout, and Peanut

Patrick Francis

Patrick Francis, Eagle Scout

Your journey is just beginning, and we can’t wait to see where it takes you. We love you and are so proud of you.

Mom, Dad, and Carolyne

Courtney Galligher

Courtney, although your final exams were canceled, your class of 2020 has surely been tested. You are the class that is already making history before you graduate. From seeing all you have done up to this point, Courtney, we’re confident you’ll overcome any obstacles with grace as you continue to follow your heart and pursue greatness in your life. Courtney, you are a born leader, determined, intelligent, talented, unique, beautiful inside & out, and you bring us so much joy and pride every day. We wish you endless happiness and success.

Love to you always, Mumsie, Dad, & Cameron

Alexi Gentz

Congratulations, Alexi!  We are so proud of you!

Remember: “There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work there will be no limits.”  -Michael Phelps

We love you, Mom and Dad

Trey Gholson

Trojan to Tiger! So proud of you and all that you have accomplished. Proud of how you have faced these circumstances and made the best of these times. Looking forward to seeing you at Hampden-Sydney. GO TIGERS!

Love, Mom, Dad, and Sophia

Congratulations, Buddy! We are so proud of you and love you so much!

Auntie and Leroy

Trey,  We are so happy for your accomplishments in high school and your upcoming Hampton Sydney studies and football. Go get’em! 

The Monahans

Trey Gholson

Trey – Congratulations on getting into HSC! I’m very proud of you. Going to miss you, Bro.

Love, Sophia

Trey Gholson

Trey, we are all so proud of you, and I know Mayme is especially proud of you! Cheers to an awesome future.

Love, Aunt Kelley, Will and Jack

Brianna Gonzalez

We are so proud of you, Brianna! You have come such a long way, continue to shine. Go Nittany Lions!

Love, your family

Cara Hahn

Congratulations! Keep smiling and go out and discover the wonderful things life has to offer!

Love, Midlo Scoop Staff

Liza Hopper

Congratulations to our dear Liza! 

You are our champion, scholar athlete, good citizen and all around, amazing young lady! 

We are so proud of your many accomplishments and look forward to your continued success in your future endeavors at South Carolina Honors College! 

With Love and Joy,  Mom, Dad, Caroline, Sarah and Tyndall

Eve Ingram

So proud of you, Eve, and all of your accomplishments these past 4 years!  So excited for you and your next adventure at CNU!

Love, Mom

Sarah Hardiman

Photo by: HALLE KENNON PHOTOGRAPHY

We are so proud of of you and have no doubt that your future is bright. Can’t wait to see what you will accomplish at JMU.

Love, Dad, Mom, Bryce and Katie

Cameron Hogge

Congratulations on your high school graduation, Cameron! All your hard work over the years has paid off! We’re so proud of you and excited for you as you begin your college career. Congratulations on your Stamps Scholarship and Air Force Scholarship. Go Hokies!

Love, Mom, Dad, Christian, Tyler, Brandon, Eric and Lars

Claire Horansky

Congratulations, Claire!  We are so proud of you!  What great memories you have created at Midlo with your cheer team, Young Life family, great friends, and special teachers. We can’t wait to see you shine as a JMU DUKE!!!

Lots of Love,  Mom, Dad, Alex, and Ben

Amanda Jennings

Congratulations on your 2020 graduation. I wish it could have happened at a happier time for you, but I hope it helps to know how loved you are and how proud you’ve made all of us who care about you.

Nana and Pop Pop

Amanda Jennings

Amanda! We are so proud of you and everything you have done. We know you are capable of great things, and we can’t wait to see you through the next chapter of your life. You’re the coolest!

Love, Ashley, Hollie, and Adam

Hannah Jens

Dearest Hannah, As you close this door and reach to open the next, don’t forget to keep the music in your soul, let happiness dance in your feet, share your kindness with others, be true to who you are, and have courage to explore who you will become. Remember you are loved, you are smart, and you always have choices. Make the most of every moment, beautiful girl!

With love, Mommy, Daddy, and Brother

Samantha Johnson

Congratulations Sam!  The Bunny Class is so proud of you!!

Love, Mrs. McMullen

Erin Junkmann

Congratulations, Erin! We are so proud of you and cannot wait to see what the future has in store for you. HOYA SAXA!

Love you. -Mom, Dad, & Emily

Erin Junkmann

Good luck at Georgetown! Never lose your caring, kind spirit! We are so proud of you and will miss you terribly!

Love, Midlo Scoop Staff

Benson Kaminski

Benson, over 18 years ago we wondered who you would become and what great accomplishments you would achieve. This year and this milestone marks your next step towards reaching your goals, fulfilling your dreams, and discovering your life’s path. We couldn’t be prouder of who you already are. Well done, our son. Well done.  Our admiration, hearty congratulations, support, prayers and unconditional love are with you always.

Love,  Mom, Dad & Annaliese  

Courtney Klich

Courtney, we never could we have imagined how this year would turn out. Sometimes life just throws us a curve. Instead of letting the situation get you down, you have handled it with a smile and a positive spirit just like you always do. It is these same qualities that will take you far in life. Dream big. You have worked hard, and it is time for you to fly. We are so proud of you! Congratulations!!

Your loving family

Zoe Kopidis

Congratulations, Zoe! May your beautiful spirit and smile light the way in your future endeavors! We are so very proud of you! 

Love, Mom, Dad, and Sophia

Zoe Kopidis

Zoe, Thank you for your commitment to the Scoop and to Midlo over the years. We will miss your bright smile and happy spirit. Go and be awesome at JMU!!

Love, Midlo Scoop Staff

Katie Krasner

Katie, Congratulations on your graduation.  We are so proud of you and all your hard work. We love you so much.

Dad, Mom, and Carson

Lexi Labott

Shout out to Lexi Labott! Lexi has always been a strong, intelligent, and beautiful young lady. Her hard work and dedication is recognized by membership in several honor societies. She is passionate about her color guard and winter guard teams, often thinking about new routines to learn and help teach. Her own rifle skills showcased a 7 rotation toss! She also enjoyed softball, especially when she was pitching. Her kind heart became fuller each week as she tutored her Homework Helper buddy and watched him grow. She participated in several other clubs that rounded out the amazing person she has become. And all of this as she dealt with new roommates this year!  We are so proud of Lexi and excited for the new adventures and accomplishments that are headed her way. After some extra puppy time in Nashville, she will be headed to Virginia Tech in the fall! 

A note to Lexi: We hope your dreams take you to the highest of your hopes, to the windows of your opportunities, and to the most special places your heart has ever known.

We love you, Dad, Mom, and Brodie

Caroline Leach

Congratulations to a brilliant student and a fabulous daughter! Even though the graduation ceremony looks different this year, the achievement is still the same. Best wishes for your next adventure. We are so very proud of you!

Love, Your Family

Cameron Long

Our Dearest Cameron, 

You have been a part of us every moment of your young life.  We closed our eyes for a moment, and suddenly, a woman stood where our little girl used to be.  We are beyond proud of your accomplishments and know you will make a huge impact on the lives of many as you continue through life.  

Behind you, all your memories 

Before you, all your dreams

Around you, all who love you

Within you, all you need

Remember the gifts of family and friends as they will always be your foundation.  You are a precious part of many lives, and we celebrate you.  

All our Love, Mom and Dad

Zoe Long

Mom, Dad, Sophia, and the whole family are so proud of you! This has not been an ideal senior year, but you are incredibly strong and ready for the future! God bless you and follow your dreams! We love you!

Maddie Lloyd

Maddie, we’re so proud of you!  You’re one step closer to your dreams.  No matter where life leads you, no matter what you do, we’ll always be your biggest fans, and we’ll be here for you.  Happy Graduation!

Love, Mom and Dad

Austin Lubniewski

Congrats to a smart, talented, and witty wonderful son!  We are so proud of you and who you have become.  

“You’re off to Great Places! Today is your Day! Your mountain is waiting, So get on your way! – Dr. Seuss 

The future is yours! Virginia Tech Engineering, here you come! 

Love Mom, Dad, Remington & Callie

Abbey Young Lynch

Abbey, you have brought so much joy to our lives. We are so proud of you and love you very much! Congratulations on all of your accomplishments!

Love, Mom, Dad, Brian, and Tenaja

Stephen Mabry

Congratulations to Stephen Mabry!

We are proud of you and all you have accomplished.  We wish your senior year of high school had ended more traditionally but know you are already looking forward towards college and future adventures.

Love,  Mom, Dad and Patrick

Ashley Manheim

Ashley:  We are so proud of all of your accomplishments.  You have had a tireless work ethic since you began school.  We know you are going to be a huge success in the Pamplin School of Business at Virginia Tech. You will forever be our precious baby girl! We love you!!

Mom, Dad, & Luke

Ashley Manheim

Ash, it’s hard to express what you’ve meant to the Midlo Scoop over your four years on staff (two as Editor-in-Chief). We will miss your steadiness, your smile, and your grace. Go to Virginia Tech and continue the awesome Manheim legacy. We will miss you terribly, but please know you will always have a home in room 116.

Love, Midlo Scoop Staff

Ben McCormack

Ben ~   From your first day of school to your last, we have been so incredibly proud of you and know that you have many great adventures and opportunities ahead of you at VT. 

Remember to always “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.”  You can do anything !

Love you to the moon and back,

Mom, Dad, Sam, Jack, Pepper and Dash

Ellery McElhinney

Ellery, we are so proud of you and what you have accomplished.  We are excited to see what the future holds for you at Virginia Tech and beyond.

Mom & Dad

Devon McGill

We are so proud of you and your accomplishments!  For over 10 years, you have managed being a competitive gymnast training 25 hours a week while balancing school and this thing called life.  We often joked that you were paid in medals and bruises…and a few crutches and medical boots too!!!  The real payment for your hard work is lifelong friendships with your teammates, a coach that stuck by your side since you were 7 years old, the ability to manage your time while being an honors/AP student and the grit to get back up again, literally, each time you were down.  You have always been one to set your sights on a goal and work as hard as necessary to achieve.  In this next phase of life, you are entering it with the right playbook and certainly the right skills to continue to be successful.  Trust yourself, trust your gut, continue to GET BACK UP, and when in doubt…trust us to help guide you in the right direction.  Penn State University Smeal School of Business is lucky to have you.

Love-  Mommy and Bobby

Devon McGill

Congrats! So proud of you and all your hard work.

Love, Dad and Jess

Lauren Misson

Lauren, we are so proud of the beautiful young lady you are, inside and out! You are a light to so many around you.

We love you! Mom and Dad

Ryan Monahan

Ryan,  You’re our proud and joy. We are incredibly proud of your accomplishments. You’re going to rock Virginia Tech Engineering!  

Love, Mom, Dad, Cailin, Jena, Drew, Laura, Elise, Anne and Dede.

Ryan Monahan

From that first day of kindergarten to graduation, you have brought humor and friendship to our family. What a great time we have had! So proud of all that you have accomplished.

Love, The Gholsons

Emily Morrison

Emily, your strength and resilience have been tested since you were a baby. You have risen to the challenge and have persevered. This senior year has been no different. You are a fighter. Dad and I know you will be successful with whatever path or paths you choose. We couldn’t be more proud of you! Your whole family is by your side ALWAYS. Congratulations, sweetheart! We look forward to seeing where your successes take you.

Love, Mom & Dad

Morgan Myrick

Congratulations, Morgs! 

We are so proud of you! You have always been a part of our lives and have been like our second daughter. You are smart, funny, loving, and most of all, a beautiful friend to everyone. You see the best in everything and everyone! We can’t wait to go on this next journey with you and your family! 

Love, ️ “Tim”, Julie, and Jane

Sophia Nadder

Our dear Sophia…You’ve worked SO HARD!! We couldn’t be more proud of you and all that you have accomplished!! Looking forward to your next journey in Boston!! Love you to the moon….

Mommy, Daddy, Vince, Nick & Elvis

Logan Noble-Marx

Congratulations, Graduate! We are so proud of you! As this chapter closes and a new one begins, remember that we’ll always be your biggest fans.

Love, Dad and Mom

Braden Nostheide

Braden, we are so proud of what you have accomplished in high school, and excited for your next adventure at JMU. We know your decision to pursue teaching in order to serve your community and mentor young people was strongly influenced by the way your teachers at Midlo have supported you along the way. We are grateful. Congratulations! We love you, always!

Mom and Dad, Rylan and Ashton

Carson Parrish

Many dream, some try, but only a few achieve.  You are an achiever.  You have made us all proud.  Keep up the good work and keep dreaming!  Wishing you so much love and happiness on your graduation.

Love, Dad, Mom and Andrew

Jozie Perry

Jozie Rayn Perry, You are light, love, truth and beauty. You are the sunshine people want to stand next to. You are a drop of water, and you are the ocean.

“Let waves of awe knock you off your feet – and roll with them. Life is a wonder to behold.”

Love, Mom & Dad

Juliana Peterson

Jules, you are a joy and a delight to journey life with. We have had the privilege of watching you grow up and getting to know you. You are thoughtful, loving, kind, adventurous… and have a beautiful depth of heart & mind. We thank God for you, are so proud of you, and love you so much!

Mom & Dad

Elizabeth Potts

The ending of this chapter was unexpected but memorable. We are confident that your next chapter, as a Hokie, will be unforgettable.  Keep being you, Elizabeth.

Love, Mom, Dad, Alicen & Winston

Emma Rice

We love you so much, Emma, and are so proud of you! Congratulations on your graduation! We’re so excited for you to start the next chapter in your life and can’t wait to see where the future takes you! 

All our love always, Mom, Dad, Matt, and Andrew

Gabie Rizzo

Congratulations Gabie!! The Bunny class loves you and is so proud of you!! 

Love, Mrs. McMullen

Kaylee Rodriguez

Kaylee, we’ve watched in amazement as you’ve grown into the young lady you are today. And we will be watching in anticipation of who you will become. We are so proud of you and all your accomplishments. Congratulations on your VT acceptance.

Love, Dad & Ashley

Ryan Rokenbrod

Congratulations to our son, Ryan Rokenbrod! 

You have persevered! You have proven that you are smart and hard working. We look forward to watching you take what you’ve learned and conquer your goals. Your imagination, talent, charm, and hilarious sense of humor are qualities that come naturally to you. These qualities, along with the knowledge you’ve gained, are sure to bring your success!  We wish you all the best as you graduate and study Filmmaking at John Tyler Community College. We know that you share our appreciation for the special teachers and staff at Midlothian High School. We thank Mrs. Hall, Mrs. Beckman, Mr. Abell, Mr. Vannoy, Ms. Palenski, Ms. Fiege, Mr. Layton and the many others that have encouraged you along the way!

Ethan Saulsbury

We are so proud of you Ethan Robert Saulsbury! You are a hard worker and very kind. We love your intensity and focus for any task that you are given at school or at home. You are capable of amazing things! We look forward to seeing all that you accomplish at Virginia Tech and in your future. We love you! 

Love, Dad, Mom and Zachary

Trey Schunder

Words can’t express how proud I am of you and all your accomplishments! You saw a mountain ahead and you persevered one step at a time until you reached the peak. Great things are in the distance and I will be cheering you on all the way! Enjoy CNU and leave a legacy!

Love, Mom

Ben Scott

We are proud of your hard work and dedication to your education and sports.

Love, Mom and Dad

Mackenzie Sherrod

Dear Mackie-Rae, I am truly proud of the amazing person you are. I cannot wait to see all the wonderful things you will do. Thank you for being a remarkable daughter. The world is yours and never forget “Luck is when opportunity and effort collide!” I love you more than every grain of sand in the universe!

Love forever, Mama

GOD Bless you always!

Wesley Everett Singer

Congratulations on graduation and good luck at High Point University!

xo- Mom, Dad, and Lilli

Ethan Smith

E: We are SO proud of you and the kind, funny, smart, caring young man you are.   

Have Fun! Dream Big! 

Love you, Mom, Bill & Grace

Kaden E. Tanner

You did it! You had a lot of speed bumps along the way with illness (missing most of 3rd grade) and then moving schools a couple of times, but you continued to push forward! You never gave up and always worked hard. We love you and are so proud of you!

Love, Mom, Dad and Kassidy

Gigi Valerio

Gigi, we are so proud of you and everything you have accomplished! Looking forward to all the things the future holds for you! We love you so much!

Mom and Dad

Colby Valiante

Colby, you should be proud of what you have accomplished during the last 4 years!  Your senior year is not ending the way we wanted for you and your classmates, but it’s the beginning of your new, exciting journey as a CNU Captain!  You are going to do great things, and we are so proud of the man you are becoming.  Congratulations!

We love you!  Mom, Rick, Dad, Jimmy, Memere, and Pepere

Summer VanNostrand

Summer-  Cherish all of the memories you have made as this chapter of your life closes.  Chase your biggest dreams as you move forward into the next chapter. And remember your family always loves you and supports you.  YOU are an amazing young lady who makes the world a better place!

Love, Mom, Devin, and Sydney

Summer VanNostrand

Way to go, Summer! Hugs and Kisses!!

Love, thaggs and fam

Dylan Vincent

We are so proud of you Dylan! Work hard, stay positive and focus on your goals! Radford University is lucky to get you! 

Alison Vonderharr 

Alison, we are so proud of you!  We admire your creativity, dedication, strength, and drive.  We love your empathy for others, the passion you have for life, and that you want to make the world a better place! We have loved being a part of your journey, and know you will be successful!  We wish you many wonderful adventures and happiness!

Love, Mom, Dad, and Jordan

George Welch III

Dearest George –  Not only are you a smart, talented, and capable young man with a wonderful future ahead of you, you are a warm, thoughtful, and kind soul. We are so proud of you. Whatever lies ahead, always remember who you are deep inside and know you are loved. Congratulations to our newest Hokie! 

Love, Mom and Dad

Aiden Wild

Congratulations, Aidan, on your graduation! Although this year brought with it many challenges, you have faced them all and come through stronger than ever. We are very proud of all that you have accomplished; in school, on the lacrosse fields, with your work, your creative interests, and your many wonderful relationships. You are someone who stands true to himself and his family always. We look with pride to what the future surely holds for you. The possibilities are endless! We love you always… – Mom & Dad

Congratulations, Aidan! I’m so proud of everything you’ve accomplished. I’m one proud sister! – Emma

Congrats, man! You made it through this crazy year! Can’t wait to see you pull up to my house one day on that bike and a Lamborghini in 10! – Noah

Congratulations to my grandson, Aidan Alexander Wild! You have made me so proud! You are an amazing young man, and the world awaits you and all you have to offer. Get out there and ride on! I love you, Aidan! – Nannie

Congratulations, Aidan Alexander on your High School Graduation! You have excelled academically and have shown great sportsmanship on the Lacrosse field. You have persevered through your studies while managing your time as an awesome Ruth Chris employee. May God bless the next steps of your journey. We know you’ll be riding that motorcycle around (if DMV ever opens!)…make Grampy proud! We love you so much!  – Auntie Laurie and Uncle Glen

Preston Willett

Best of luck in your future endeavors! 

Love, Mom, Dad, Spencer, and Chance

Ilse Talia Hakim Yohn

Your dad and I wanted a Disney princess, but we got a Sith Lord instead! God help the world!

We’re proud of you anyway,
Love, Mom and Dad

Rebekah Aurora Young

Rebekah, we could not be prouder of you and how far you have come in such a short time!! We can’t wait to see what the future holds for you!

Love, Mom, Robert, and all your sisters

Send additional Senior Shout-Outs to Mrs. Tully at [email protected]. Include one photo and a message (like the ones featured on this page). Congratulations, Class of 2020!