Midlo IB seniors say goodbye

Class of 2020 Spotlights

Photo by: Midlo IB

Midlo IB says goodbye to the Class of 2020.

The International Baccalaureate Class of 2020 has spent the past four years positively impacting the IB Program, Midlothian High School, and the entire Chesterfield County Community. Even though this year’s class will not have the same opportunity to participate in the traditional rites of passage of a Midlo Senior Class, they have paved their own path towards their IB Diploma. Through their Creativity, Activity, and Service Projects (CAS), completing independent research and writing their Extended Essays, and writing Internal Assessments, each one of them has earned points towards their IB Diploma. We are so proud of the way the IB Class of 2020 has mentored, led, and impacted the IB Program and our community and wish them all the very best in their future. Thank you, IB Class of 2020. Your influence on the Midlothian International Baccalaureate Program will be forever remembered.

Midlo’s IB seniors reflect on the impact that their experiences at Midlothian High School have meant to them:

“I’m Alex Murias, a senior in Midlothian High School’s IB Program, where I have participated and volunteered at numerous events such as : IB Open House, the International Festival, IB Specialty Center Fair, and IB Teacher Work Week. In junior year, I served on the IB Council as a grade representative. Outside of IB, I am an active member of Latin Club, where I served as elementary teaching chair, philanthropic chair, and, currently, president. I am a part of Sacred Heart’s Folkloric Dance group, [and we] performed at the International Festival for three consecutive years. Apart from academics, I have been a part of Midlothian’s Cross Country and Track team throughout high school, having served on both JV and Varsity. I also have volunteered as a VCU junior volunteer for four years, where I have worked as a [greeter], [in] child care, and [at the] Children’s Hospital. After high school, I plan on attending Virginia Tech in the fall [to major] in engineering.  Go Hokies! “ – Alex Murias, Midlo IB, Class of 2020

“I came to Midlothian the summer before junior year and was immediately welcomed by the students and teachers! I joined the Kids Are Scientists Too Club and held officer positions in the Red Cross Club and Yoga Club. I participated in school events, such as the IB International Festival and Congrès for French students. I will be attending UVA in the fall, where I plan to study early childhood education and become a preschool teacher. I am excited to continue my education and am extremely grateful for IB and the Midlothian community as a whole!” – Molly Parrish, Midlo IB, Class of 2020

“I played varsity tennis three out of my four years at Midlo and was also on the Forensic Speech and Debate Team, serving as an officer for two years. My junior year, I started the Yoga Club to promote health and wellness in our Midlo community and volunteered in the emergency room at St. Francis Medical Center for a year. In the fall, I plan to attend Virginia Tech to study Neuroscience on a pre-med track.  I am so thankful for all the wonderful teachers and faculty who made my experience at Midlothian High so incredible; I owe many of my successes to them.” – Avnee Raje, Midlo IB, Class of 2020

Congratulations, IB Seniors!

Chloe Arsac

Lara Ballout

Jacob Cantor

Nora Carlucci

Chris Carrillo

Courtney Galligher

Navilia Gottipati

Thomas Gregory

Benson Kaminski

Akhila Mandalika

Alex Murias

Anushka Pandya

Molly Parrish

Quentin Phillips

Avnee Raje

Nataly Solares

Matthew Tichenor

George Welch