Filed under Sports

White Builds Bridge to Braves

Senior Abby White Signs to Play Division II Softball at the University of North Carolina at Pembroke

Back to Article
Back to Article

White Builds Bridge to Braves

Senior Abby White officially commits to the University of North Carolina at Pembroke to play Division II Softball.

Photo by: Abby White

Photo by: Abby White

Photo by: Abby White

On November 15, 2018, senior Abby White signed her National Letter of Intent to officially play Division II softball for the University of North Carolina – Pembroke Braves.

“I have been playing softball since I was 5 years old because my brother played baseball,” states White. Throughout her successful career, White competed for Chesterfield Impulse, Richmond Rampage, Dixie Chicks, Carolina Elite, and Hanover Hornets and has stood out on each team as a strong pitcher. At Midlo, White played varsity for 4 years. “Abby is a really hard worker and always works to make everyone else better,” exclaims sophomore teammate Abbie Campbell.

After deciding she wanted to play collegiate softball when she was 12 years old, White attended multiple camps and tournaments in order to been seen, saying, “The coaches saw me in the summer going into my junior year.” Although pursued by several successful programs, White chose to become a Brave because of the successful coaching staff and the school’s football team. “I really wanted a school with football to tailgate,” exclaims White.  

Since committing to the Braves in the summer before her junior year, White has been eager to sign her NLI, which she did with her Hornets teammates in the fall. White looks forward to attending UNCP “because I am excited to play at a high level with other players who have had the same dream as me.” White is ecstatic to keep playing the sport she loves at an elite level and fulfill her dream.

About the Writer
Erin Junkmann, Midlo Scoop Staff

Erin Junkmann, Class of 2020

• White Builds Bridge to Braves

Midlo Basketball Battles Bravely in Regional Matchups

• White Builds Bridge to Braves

Botello Commits to Belmont Abbey

• White Builds Bridge to Braves

Midlo Men’s Swim Emerges as Regional Champs; 200 Free Relay Team Claims State Championship

• White Builds Bridge to Braves

Hunter Klein Commits to the Tribe

• White Builds Bridge to Braves

Indoor Track Conquers Regionals

• White Builds Bridge to Braves

Staib Signs for Tribe Football

• White Builds Bridge to Braves

Elite Midlo Athletes Sign National Letters of Intent

• White Builds Bridge to Braves

Midlo Boys Lacrosse Dominates the Preseason

• White Builds Bridge to Braves

Morrison Swings for UNCW

• White Builds Bridge to Braves

Midlo Track Takes On Triple Whammy

White Builds Bridge to Braves