A Royal Win at the Homecoming Pep Rally

Homecoming Pep Rally 2018

Photo by: Nabiha Rais
Seniors cheer loudly at the Homecoming Pep Rally.

On Friday, October 5, 2018, Midlo’s students, decked out in their designated colors emerged, into the Midlothian High School gym to attend the 2018 Homecoming Pep Rally. A mix of pink and purple freshmen blended on one side, a pop of bright, red sophomores took the other side, and a cloud of darkness from the juniors in black piled in on another side. As the underclassmen anxiously waited for the pep rally to begin, the seniors stampeded into the gym with their white togas tied tightly and golden crowns adorned on their heads, proving their superiority and high status at Midlo.

The sound of the Voice of Midlo, Mr. Tim Johnson, began the event, welcoming students to another exciting Midlo pep rally. To start the festivities, Midlo’s Golf Team entered the gym to thunderous applause, as they prepare to compete in States on October 9. Following their arrival, Midlo’s homecoming court arrived, princes escorted their grade level princesses, one-by-one. Principal Shawn Abel crowned senior Neil Richburg as Homecoming King, and later that evening at the Homecoming football game, he crowned senior Eleanor Ross Homecoming Queen.

To celebrate homecoming, Midlo’s Trojanettes teamed up with Midlo’s football team to perform a dance routine that brought everyone to their feet. Later, the Trojanettes made their way across the floor yet again for another impressive dance routine. The pep rally continued with games of tug-of-war and dodge ball between the classes and faculty. The games left everyone at the edge of their seats, but the seniors dominate both games to claim victory. Seniors also won the Coin Wars, which raised over $600 for Breast Cancer Awareness. Drawing from a seemingly endless supply of enthusiasm, the classes tried to outcheer each other during Midlo’s famous victory cheer by screaming V-I-C-T-O-R-Y louder than one another. As a final stamp to the event, judges announced the seniors as the winners of the Homecoming Pep Rally.

Earned based on their spirit and effort, the seniors proudly held the spirit stick for their 1st place win in the pep rally. The juniors placed 2nd place, while sophomores earned 3rd, and freshmen took 4th place. Undeniably, all grade levels showed their Midlo spirit through bold posters, creative costumes,  and ear-piercing screams, rivaled only by  the Midlo Pep Band. The 2018 Homecoming Pep Rally did not disappoint, as it proved an exhilarating and legendary event. Happy Homecoming, Midlo!

2018 Homecoming Court

Seniors

Princesses: Eleanor Ross (Homecoming Queen), Delaney Novak, Cheyenne Cannon-Martin, and Vongai Zhandira

Princes: Neil Richburg (Homecoming King), Sujeet Alwin, Sebastian Knaupp, and Jacoby Martin

Juniors

Princesses: Sierra Harrison, Ratavia Lewis, and Danae Massenburg

Princes: Ryan Degrava, Stephen Mabry, and John Williams

Sophomores

Princesses: Sage Blackmon, Dasia Hardy, and Lisa Richburg
Princes: Blake Longest, Shane Nalls, and Jackson Walworth

Freshmen

Princesses: Abby Busick, Sophie Rose Marusco, and Cydney Thrash

Princes: Justin Barnes, Bryce Hardiman, and Declan Harrington