Midlo features February Students of the Month

February Students of the Month 2022: Kate Grilliot and Madeline Rudd

Photo by: Bridget Tracy

Juniors Kate Grilliot and Madeline Rudd receive February Students of the Month for 2022.

Every month, Midlo awards two students who stand out both within the classroom environment and beyond with the Students of the Month award. As for February,  juniors Madeline Rudd and Kate Grilliot received the honorary award for their continued academic excellence and positive contributions to the school community.

Madeline Rudd represents one of the two students in to win Student of the Month for February. (Photo by: Madeline Rudd)

Grilliot has acted as a leader at Midlo in many ways, such as in her current role as the Vice President of the junior class. She also plays a crucial role on Midlo’s Varsity swim team as one of the top competitors. Along with swim and taking part in various volunteering opportunities, Grilliot also spends her time leading clubs and managing the football team.

“I was really happy to receive this award because it felt good to have my hard work and extra effort recognized,” Grilliot said.

Kate Grilliot’s participation in many activities, such as acting as football management, earns her Student of the Month. (Photo by: Kate Grilliot)

Rudd spends her time competitively dancing for Encore Studios. Within the school community, she has acted as a Sidekick for the incoming freshman class. One of the factors that went into Rudd earning this award was her positive attitude, which undoubtedly has not gone unnoticed by her peers and teachers alike.

“I was honestly surprised when they said I was selected for it, but am incredibly happy and glad I am able to make a positive impact,” Rudd said.

Congratulations, Kate and Madeline!