Midlo students set their sights on the future

Midlo Counseling Department seeks input

Photo by: Midlo Counseling Department

Students select their interest for Virtual Career Day on November 11, 2020.

The presence of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic proves a difficult challenge for students of Midlothian High School, who hope to get a jump start on their pathway to the future. Important opportunities, such as internships and necessary shadow days, are difficult to come by for many. The Midlo Counseling Department, therefore, wants to make up for the precious lost time by enabling all students of each grade level with a chance to gain more knowledge regarding different careers of interest and reinforce potential post-graduate plans.

On Friday October 16, 2020, the Counseling Department released a Google Form for the entire student body to complete, allowing each participant to select their top interests surrounding potential career pathways and fields of study. The feedback provided by students will play a role on Wednesday, November 11, 2020. when the Midlo Counseling Department hosts its first ever Virtual Career Day, acting as an influential tool to aid students as they plan to begin their lives following high school, as well as to ease the stress that may accompany planning for one’s future endeavors. The event will consist of hearing from various speakers at different sessions throughout the day to providing access to valuable information and existing resources to guide them in the right direction.  The three sessions will take place at: 10:00 am, 11:30 am, and 1:00 pm. More details will follow.