Quill & Scroll Welcomes High Achieving Journalists

Quill and Scroll 2019 Induction

Photo by: Midlo Scoop
New and returning members of Quill and Scroll combine to represent journalism at Midlothian High School.

On Friday, April 26, 2019, the Quill & Scroll International Honorary Society for High School Journalists held its 2019 induction ceremony during Midlo Morning in Midlo Scoop sponsor Mrs. Jackie Tully‘s room. In order to gain eligibility for induction, publication students must exhibit an outstanding work ethic and remarkable dedication for journalism that extends far beyond the requirement set in each class. All inductees hail from either the online school newspaper, Midlo Scoop, or the Midlothian High School Yearbook Staff. Yearbook sponsor Mr. Tim Johnson joined Mrs. Tully and the inductees in her room to welcome numerous talented young journalists to this esteemed honor society.

The induction kicked off with a small breakfast celebration, including donuts with navy blue and gold frosting in honor of the Quill & Scroll colors. Then, Mrs. Tully and Mr. Johnson handed out a scroll pin, a white rose with blue ribbon, and an official certificate to each new member, while simultaneously sharing a few words regarding their character as they walked up to receive their inductee items. Midlo Scoop member and sophomore inductee Zinzi Symister comments, “It’s a big accomplishment to be inducted into this society, and I feel honored to be a part of such an exclusive group.”

2019 Quill and Scroll Inductees

Midlo Scoop:

Maddie Burke

Rachel Bybee

Erin Junkmann

Sophie King

Zoe Kopidis

Katherine Krievs

Carrie Rowley

Marisa Ruotolo

Zinzi Symister

Yearbook:

Isiah Morton

Hannah Strickland

Sydney Boeman