Midlo College and Career Center Offers Sound Advice

Preparing for College

The+College+and+Career+Center+shares+updates+about+FAFSA+and+other+forms+of+college+aid.+

Photo by: Sophie King

The College and Career Center shares updates about FAFSA and other forms of college aid.

The Midlothian High School College and Career Center has shared updated links and info for college financial aid such as FAFSA and GRASP.

• The 2019-2020 FAFSA® [Free Application for Federal Student Aidform] is available. Apply now for access to federal student aid, including grants, low-interest loans, and work study programs.
  • If you need help with FAFSA forms or applications, GRASP Adviser, Kathy Davis, is available every Wednesday during the school day, at the Midlothian High College and Career Center (8:30 am-1:30 pm). Contact Maureen Martin, in the Career Center, to schedule an appointment time.
  • GRASP Advisor assistance is also available every Wednesday from 6:00 pm-8:00 pm at Belmont Library (3100 Ellwood Ave., Richmond, 23221). A bilingual GRASP adviser can be scheduled by calling the GRASP Richmond office at (804) 527-7785.
  • Big Future (CollegeBoard) and the Virginia Education Wizard are two excellent resources for college and career planning for all grade levels. The websites are free and easily accessible.
  • Career and Tech Education 101 provides a brief look at the value of career and technical education while in high school.

For more information or guidance for the future, visit the College and Career Center or Midlothian’s Counseling Office.