Mazzanti Receives TRT Recognition

Midlo Librarian, Ms. Emily Mazzanti, Receives Teachers Recognizing Teachers Award.

Photo by: Midlo Scoop Staff

Congratulations, Ms. Emily Mazzanti, for receiving October’s Teachers Recognizing Teachers Award.

On Monday, October 1, 2018, Ms. Emily Mazzanti received the Teachers Recognizing Teachers Award from Mrs. Marie Randrianasolo and Mrs. Beth Harbula. Ms. Mazzanti’s dedication to Midlo’s students shows through her positive work ethic in the library, as well as in her work with the Autism Program. She enjoys working with the autism program, especially her interaction with the kids, as she encourages them to use the computers and engage in interesting activities with the books they read. 

What does the award mean to you?

It’s exciting and special because I love working with the students from the autism program every Friday, and it’s always nice to be recognized for doing a good job.

Why did you want to become a educator?

I like helping students, teaching them new things, and showing them a love for reading.

What is your favorite thing about the educator?

My favorite thing is when you recommend a book to somebody, and they come back and tell you how much they love it.

What is your past education history?

I went to Longwood University, [previously] taught 4th grade, and have been a librarian at Midlothian High School for 3 years.

Why did you choose this type of education?

I think it’s the best job in education because you get to work with all the students in the building and not just one class. I love to read, so I get to be around books all the time.

Why did you decide to work with the Autism Program?

They wanted to have a time for their students to use the computers, and I thought it would be fun to read books and do other activities with the students.