Exceptional New Arrivals

2017 IB Interview Day

Photo by: Nabiha Rais
Students wait patiently for the IB Interview Day to begin

Every year, numerous prospective applicants apply for challenging specialty programs across Chesterfield County as a way to enhance their education. On Saturday, February 11, 2017, Midlo’s International Baccalaureate (IB) program applicants visited on the IB Interview Day in an effort to join the rigorous, yet rewarding, program. Students from schools throughout the county came to Midlo for the opportunity to prove that they wish to conquer the educational path to success through the IB program.

To begin the event, IB coordinator Mr. Mark Spewak, IB secretary Mrs. Tina Walke, and current IB students guided the applicants through the three-part application process: a mathematics test, an essay, and an interview. All of the applicants spent a plentiful amount of time on each section in order to best capture who they are and how they can contribute to the IB program. Along the way, the applicants asked questions about the IB program, while current IB students and teachers gave insight on their IB experiences.

The International Baccalaureate Interview Day not only gave students a chance to prove how much they had to offer the IB program, but it gave students a preview of what IB truly is and what it has to offer them.