Girls Basketball honors seniors against the Falcons

Girls Varsity Basketball Review

Montgomery’s senior night board

Girls’ Varsity Basketball  celebrated their seniors before their game against the Huguenot Falcons on Feb. 7. The team managers Ryleigh Jones and Tate Swecker were announced initially during pregame activities. Jones has been the team manager for three years, played varsity softball, and participated in the champions club. Her favorite memory throughout her time with the team was when she beat the coaches at bowling during the Boo Williams tournament. Once she goes off to college, Jones plans to attend Virginia Tech and major in animal science. 

Allison’s senior night board

Tate Swecker has been on the team for five years, played varsity softball, and participated in champions and FCA club. Her favorite moment on the team is when Coach Ash tried to show the team up during a drill while subsequently ripping her pants. Swecker isn’t sure on her plans after high school but knows she would like to major in special education. In addition to the managers, Emma Montgomery, Sara Allison, and Ellie Mulligan were also celebrated during this special night.                                                     

Montgomery has been on the team for five years, did show choirs city lights, and was apart of the music honor societies. Her favorite memory with the team was bonding with her teammates at the Boo Williams tournament during this past winter break. After high school, Montgomery plans on attending Virginia Tech and majoring in biology.

Mulligan’s senior night board

Allison has been on the team for five years while also being a part of the National Spanish Honor Society. On top of that, her favorite moment with her team was beating Powhatan in a close overtime game. After high school, even though she hasn’t made a decision yet, she is still planning on attending a four year college.  

Mulligan has been on the team for five years, has been on varsity softball, was the Midlothian student assistant trainer, and was a part of the FCA club. Her favorite memory with the team was going to Boo Williams as a freshman and then again as a senior. After high school, Mulligan will attend the University of Delaware where she will play softball and major in sports health. The team eventually won against Huguenot; winning 64 to 31 to collect another late season victory.