Class of 2022 says farewell at graduation

Class of 2022 Graduation

After thirteen years of hard work, seniors finally walked across the stage at the Siegel Center to commemorate their graduation from Midlothian High School on May 23, 2022. While families and guests arrived, seniors spent their final moments together as the Class of 2022. Ms. Lisa Martin Hudgins and Ms. Elizabeth Boese, senior class co-sponsors, directed the seniors into the Siegel Center to the live music of Pomp and Circumstance by the Trojan Band led by Mr. Gordon Rawls.

James River High School’s NJROTC conducted the presentation of the colors. After the processional, seniors were welcomed by Class President, Eliza Adamik, who gave the first speech of the evening and also introduced all the speakers for the ceremony. Directed by Mr. Atticus Finn, the chorus sang “The Star-Spangled Banner.” Superintendent, Dr. Mervin Daugherty, proceeded to wish the class the best for the future.

The Salutatorian, Grayden Holiday, gave an inspiring speech aptly comparing high school during a pandemic with a roller coaster getting stuck just as it reached the top of the hill, while Valedictorian Nicole Quiram encouraged her classmates to surround themselves with wise people who will help them succeed in life. 

After the Top Ten students in the class were recognized by Mr. Steven Lagow, Dr. Abel gave the final remarks of the night, reflecting on the impact that the Class of 2022 left on Midlo and congratulating them on all their accomplishments. 

The milestone event concluded at 9:00 p.m. as graduates recessed from the arena, reuniting with their families and friends outside the Siegel Center for a final round of picture taking and hugs, closing one chapter of their lives and opening another. 

Class of 2022 Top 10:

Nicole Quiram 

Grayden Holliday

Gabriella Garcia

Molly Goecker

Paige Dudley 

Samuel Huff

Lola Quraishi 

Brayden Thomas

Erica Hidinger-Wood

Ava Wladar 

Congratulations, Class of 2022! We will miss you!