Cibellis receives CCPS Citizenship Award

2021 CCPS Game Changers Citizenship Award

Jordan Cibellis capitalizes on her high school career by receiving the CCPS Citizenship Award.

Photo by: Jordan Cibellis

On May 18, 2021, CCPS Superintendent Dr. Mervin Daugherty presented senior Jordan Cibellis with the CCPS Game Changers Citizenship Award. CCPS presents this award every year to students who show a quality work ethic and integrity both inside and outside of the classroom as well as other eligibility requirements. Cibellis, an IB student, has maintained stellar academic grades while playing a vital role on the varsity cheer team throughout high school.

Cibellis was nominated for this award by her Spanish teacher, Sra. Travis Jiminez. In her recommendation, Jiminez said of Cibellis:

Jordan is a joy to teach (for all three years I have had the privilege), and she is such a kind, compassionate learner who helps everyone. She is the varsity cheer captain, and as such epitomizes the ideals of the IB program as well as the core values of Chesterfield County Public Schools. She has faced many challenges with virtual learning and has persevered. I am proud of her, and I am proud to know her. 

— Sra. Jiminez

It is clear that Cibellis has had an impact on both students and teachers alike, but Midlo has also left its mark on her. “I’ve enjoyed being part of the IB program and getting to know all my amazing teachers. They supported me so much throughout the years and I am so grateful for them.”  Cibellis’s role model and inspiration to strive for success is her dad “because he works so hard to help prepare for my future. He always makes me laugh and has such a positive impact on those around him.”

With such an impressive track record, it is only fitting that Cibellis received the Citizenship Award to top off her high school career.

Congratulations, Jordan!

To nominate an exceptional student, teacher or staff member, CLICK HERE.