Midlo volleyball seniors dominate the lancers

Midlo Girls Volleyball Senior Night 2021

Girls Volleyball Senior Night 2021

The Varsity Girls Volleyball team is full of strong seniors, most of whom have been with the Trojans since their eighth grade year. On March 16, 2021, the Class of 2021 took to the court against the Manchester Lancers. This year the seniors include Gabrielle Leeper, Rylee Moore, Victoria Melton, Katie Arrington, Ella Stroud, Morgan Myers, Sara Rich, Grace Graviet, and Diana Wesolosky

Early in the first set of the game, outside hitter Wesolosky and middle blocker Graviet had kills to keep Midlo a few points ahead of the Lancers. For a majority of the first half of the first set, the score remained close, with Midlo a few points ahead. Stroud landed a point making the score 13-11. The Trojans began a serving run to result in a Manchester timeout and a Midlo lead of six. In the end, Midlo continued to shut down the Lancers, coming out victorious by a score of 25-14.  

The Lady Trojans entered the second set, with one win under their belt. Setter Arrington and outside hitter Leeper awarded the Trojans points with multiple aces. After a strong start in the second set for the Trojans, they continued to dominate the Lancers and came out victorious with a score of 25-10. During the third set, the Lancers took the lead by five points. Following another kill from Wesolosky, Meyers went on to serve ten straight, including several aces and put Midlo up by six.  From there, the team rallied together and shut out the Lancers with a final score of 25-13 in the third set and an official score of 3-0.

Midlo Volleyball Class of 2021: 

Gabrielle Leeper has been with the Trojans for all four years. She plans to continue her volleyball career at Eastern Mennonite University.

Rylee Moore has been with the Trojans for five years, starting during eighth grade. She will miss being out on the court with her best friends. Moore plans to attend James Madison University and major in forensic psychology.

Victoria Melton was on the Varsity team for one year. She loves getting out on the court and spending time with her teammates. After graduation, she plans to attend James Madison University and pursue a degree in nursing.

Katie Arrington has played with the Trojans since her freshman year and has been a setter for the varsity team since her sophomore year. In the fall, she plans to attend Christopher Newport University.

Ella Stroud has played libero on the team since her freshman year. Though Stroud has yet to finalize her college decision, she plans to major in political science.

Morgan Myers joined the varsity team during her freshman year. She loves laughing with the girls and making memories. Myers plans to attend Virginia Tech to study Early Childhood Education, later this year. At Tech she plans on becoming a volleyball team manager.

Sara Rich joined the Lady Trojans in eighth grade. Rich will miss playing with the girls the most. After graduation, she plans to major in biology at Randolph Macon College. 

Grace Graviet made the team her freshman year. Throughout the years she has bonded with the girls and loves the sport. In the fall, Graviet will attend Brigham Young University where she plans to study graphic design.

Diana Wesolosky has been on the varsity team since her freshman. Her love of Volleyball spreads outside the walls of Midlothian High School, as she plans to continue her volleyball career at Kentucky Wesleyan University.