Trojans honor football and cheer seniors

Football and Cheer Senior Night 2021

Photo by: Lauren Cassano
2021 Midlothian Football Senior Night

On Friday March 5, 2021, Midlo hosted Football and Cheer Senior Night in a home game against Clover Hill. Prior to the game, teammates and parents gathered to escort the senior football players down the field. After honoring each player by having them share their favorite memories of the team and their ambitions for the future, the Trojans took the field to rival the Cavaliers. After an intense match, the Trojans emerged victorious with the score of 10-9. 

Midlo Football Class of 2021:

Braden Berger has been on the Midlo football team for four years and is part of FBLA, DECA, and FCA. He plans to attend either James Madison University or Clemson University and major in psychology. 

Nate Brown has played football at Midlo for one year and basketball for four years. His favorite memory from his time on the team was beating their rivals Cosby in his first ever football game. He plans to continue his education by studying corporate real estate. 

Jarrett Cephus has been on the team for three years. His favorite memory from his time on the team was when they won the Coal Bowl trophy last season. Cephus plans to study neuroscience in college. 

Tahja Collins has competed on the Midlo football team for the past two years as well as the baseball team for three years. His favorite memory was the team’s fourth-quarter comeback in their game against Glen Allen. He plans to major in sports management or marine biology. 

Kaeden Daniels has played on the Midlo football team for three years. After graduation, he plans to attend J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College and major in fire science. 

Aidan Hamilton has played on the Trojan football team for four years. His favorite memory was beating James River in the Coal Bowl. He plans to attend college and decide on his major following graduation.

Chad Harlow has been on the varsity team for the past two years as well as the Midlo volleyball team. He plans to attend community college and major in HVAC and electricity. 

Donovan Hawkins has been on the Midlo football team for three years. His favorite memory from his time on the team is when they beat Monacan in 2017. He plans to major in computer animation after high school. 

Jimmy Lopez has been a member of the Midlo football team for four years, and he really enjoys the chemistry of the team. After high school, Lopez plans to work for his father’s construction company and take over the business one day. 

Kameron Olds has been a member of the varsity football and basketball team for two years. His favorite game was against Glen Allen after he moved to Virginia. After winning, he felt a new bond with his Midlo Trojan family. He is committed to play football at Virginia Tech and plans to major in sports management and broadcasting. 

Trevor Parker has been on the football team for two years. His favorite memory from the time on the team was beating Cosby for the last two years. He plans to attend college and major in astronomy and chemistry. 

Jalen Rembert has been a member of the football team for two years. In school, he is involved in the Breaking Down Barriers. His favorite memory on the team was beating James River at the Coal Bowl. He plans to study Sports Management in college. 

Anthony Schwartz has competed on the Midlo football team for three years. He is also a part of DECA and wrestling. His favorite times on the team are bonding with his teammates through wins and losses. Schwartz plans to attend college and major in Finance. 

Colin Seiler has played for Midlo football for four years. He is also active in FBLA, FCA and Champions Club in school. After graduating, Seiler plans to attend Virginia Tech and major in Business and Accounting. 

Connor Shutts has played Midlo football for four years. He is also part of the FCA and DECA. His favorite memory from his time on the team was the two-a-day practices in August. He plans to attend college and major in biotechnology. 

Jovontae Smith has been on the Midlo football team for four years. His favorite memory from his time on the team was when he scored the winning touchdown in last year’s season opener. He will miss the bonds that he has formed with his teammates. 

Tom Son has competed for Midlo football for two years. His favorite part about the Midlo football team was being part of a supportive community. He plans to attend Washington and Lee after graduation and double major in pre-med and biomedical engineering. 

Haley McClain has been a part of the Midlo football team for the past two years. After graduating, she plans to attend Randolph-Macon College and major in nursing.

Riley Morgan has been a part of the Midlo football team for two years. Morgan plans to attend UVA and major in international affairs and criminal justice. 

Following their senior night win, the Class of 2021 plans to lead throughout the remainder of their final high school season. They look forward to what the future holds as they embark on the next chapter of their lives. 

The Midlothian Cheer team supports the varsity football, basketball, and Medford games by enthusiastically cheering and performing routines.  

Midlo Sideline Cheer Class of 2021:

Ella Keeler has been on the cheerleading team for four years and the competition team for three years. Both teams have taught her the importance of hard work and persistence. Keeler plans to attend Virginia Tech to major in elementary education.

Jordan Cibellis has been part of the sideline and competition teams for four years. During her senior year, she took in the role of captain. In the fall, Cibellis plans to attend the University of Virginia and major in biology.

Kylie Dixon joined the cheer team during her sophomore year on both the sideline and competition cheer teams. She has formed a strong bond with the girls on the team. Although she does not plan to cheer in college, she will continue her love for sports at James Madison University where she plans to major in sports and recreation management.

Meghan Owings has been on the sidelines and competition team for three years. One of her favorite memories is cheering at pep rallies. After graduation, Owings plans to attend James Madison University to study psychology.

Brooke Wallace has cheered for the Trojans for three years.  During her sophomore year, she took the title of captain. In the fall, she plans to attend Virginia Tech to study human nutrition foods and exercise.