Midlo releases hybrid learning schedule

Hybrid Learning Schedule & Information for the return of Cohort 4

Photo by: Midlothian High School

The hybrid daily schedule goes into effect starting on Monday, November 9, 2020.

Accompanying the start of the second nine weeks, the CCPS School Board, which met on Tuesday, October 27, 2020, to discuss the matter, officially announced that Chesterfield County Public Schools will transition into the final phase of hybrid learning: cohort 4. While keeping in mind the current restrictions regarding Covid-19 in the state of Virginia, a new schedule arises for all Midlo students returning to in person instruction beginning on Monday, November 9, 2020.

In a message from Midlothian High Principal Dr. Shawn Abel, a Google form regarding a student’s current decision for their future in the classroom allows for the school to gain an accurate measurement of how many students plan to return and how many students plan to remain virtual.  By accessing Midlo’s Virtual Learning Hub website, users can locate all necessary information and additional resources detailing the implementation of hybrid learning.

Students will come to school on their designated days, Monday and Tuesday for those with last names A-K and Thursday and Friday for those with L-Z last names, no earlier than 8:00 a.m. Upon arrival, all students must report directly to their first period classes. Staggering dismissals beginning at 2:45 p.m. will then dismiss individuals from their fourth period classes at the end of the school day.

Various procedures relating to transportation will also go into effect once Cohort 4 hybrid begins. Students taking part in parent pick-up and drop-off enter through the main entrance at the front of the building as per usual, while maintaining proper social-distance from others. Students riding the bus and utilizing the student parking lot must enter through door number 26, permitting for no congregation in the lot at any time.