Spirit Club wraps up 2019

2019 Spirit Club Holiday Giving Wrapping Party

Photo by: Zoe Kopidis
Senior Anna Basir focuses on wrapping socks at the Spirit Club 2019 Wrapping Party.

On December 11, 2019, Midlothian’s High School’s Spirit Club hosted the annual Holiday Wrapping Party in the Closed Commons. The Holiday Wrapping Party began many years ago and has become a beloved tradition for Midlo’s Spirit Club. Spirit Club members, accompanied by students who donated gifts, stayed after dismissal and helped to wrap presents for two local families that Midlo teachers “adopted” and organized gift collection.

The donation collection took place for the past few weeks and resulted in a huge collection of gifts of Chick-fil-a gift cards, pants, socks, and many more goods. After the students finished wrapping the gifts, they socialized with other club members and enjoyed  Marco’s pizza. Ms. Emily Mazzanti, a Spirit Club sponsor, remarks that she enjoys “the spirit of giving and seeing how dedicated the students are to giving gifts and supporting the fellow Midlo families in need.”

Freshman SCA president Brennan Lane states that wrapping presents “really demonstrated the welcoming community at Midlothian High School.” By the end of the heartwarming event, everyone in attendance left bearing huge smiles and full hearts.