• Welcome Back, Midlo!!

• To place an ad in the Midlo Scoop, contact Mrs. Tully at [email protected] Thanks for your support!

Boys Lacrosse Bounces Back

Daniel Wines, Sports Editor

The Boys Lacrosse team is looking strong once again with 11 players returning to the team, including their head coach Greg Barnard, who has been with the program since 2009. Last year, the team went 14-2 and lost to Loudoun Valley in the regional semifinals. Unfortunately, the team lost key seniors last year, including Corbin Dunn, Robert Cross, Preston Powell, Thomas Wolfe and Jacob McGregor, all great players, many of whom  received post-season awards. However, all the talent has not left; this year’s captains Coleman Rock and John Williams, who are both midfielders, and Dillon Powell, who plays as an attacker, will lead the team with their leadership skills and athletic ability on the field.

During the first three games of the season, the boys destroyed all competition, beating Manchester 16-1, Powhatan 14-1, and Monacan 18-1. The team is able to keep the scores low with the help of Casey Joyce, a sophomore who plays goal keeper, whose teammates regard him as one of the most athletic on the team. These impressive scores are good for the team, allowing all of the players a chance to gain experience, as well as letting the starters gain more confidence and work as a unit. However, the first team must be able to focus, which Coach Bernard realizes, as he challenges them to pass and shoot with their non-dominant hand instead of their usual dominant side, and reach a quota of passes before taking a shot.

During practice there is a sense of teamwork and focus on a main goal, going to the State Finals and bringing home Midlothian’s first-ever Lacrosse State Championship as an official VHSL school sport. They plan to achieve this goal by working on their passing, shooting, and stick skills and their sheer athletic ability. Come and watch the boys team as they try to make history.

• Boys Lacrosse Bounces Back

Fall Sports

Fall Sports Preview

• Boys Lacrosse Bounces Back

Spring Sports

Boys Soccer Team Heads to State Finals

• Boys Lacrosse Bounces Back

Powell Named Scholar Athlete of the Year

• Boys Lacrosse Bounces Back

Sensational Sports Success

• Boys Lacrosse Bounces Back

Congrats, Midlo Boys Lacrosse

• Boys Lacrosse Bounces Back

Spring Sports

Midlo Ladies Win Regional Track Championship

• Boys Lacrosse Bounces Back

Farewell to the Field

• Boys Lacrosse Bounces Back

Just the Beginning

• Boys Lacrosse Bounces Back

Becoming a Blue Lion

• Boys Lacrosse Bounces Back

8-Peat

Boys Lacrosse Bounces Back