• Send pictures to [email protected]!

• To place an ad in the Midlo Scoop, contact Mrs. Tully at [email protected] Thanks for your support!

Boys Lacrosse Bounces Back

Daniel Wines, Sports Editor

The Boys Lacrosse team is looking strong once again with 11 players returning to the team, including their head coach Greg Barnard, who has been with the program since 2009. Last year, the team went 14-2 and lost to Loudoun Valley in the regional semifinals. Unfortunately, the team lost key seniors last year, including Corbin Dunn, Robert Cross, Preston Powell, Thomas Wolfe and Jacob McGregor, all great players, many of whom  received post-season awards. However, all the talent has not left; this year’s captains Coleman Rock and John Williams, who are both midfielders, and Dillon Powell, who plays as an attacker, will lead the team with their leadership skills and athletic ability on the field.

During the first three games of the season, the boys destroyed all competition, beating Manchester 16-1, Powhatan 14-1, and Monacan 18-1. The team is able to keep the scores low with the help of Casey Joyce, a sophomore who plays goal keeper, whose teammates regard him as one of the most athletic on the team. These impressive scores are good for the team, allowing all of the players a chance to gain experience, as well as letting the starters gain more confidence and work as a unit. However, the first team must be able to focus, which Coach Bernard realizes, as he challenges them to pass and shoot with their non-dominant hand instead of their usual dominant side, and reach a quota of passes before taking a shot.

During practice there is a sense of teamwork and focus on a main goal, going to the State Finals and bringing home Midlothian’s first-ever Lacrosse State Championship as an official VHSL school sport. They plan to achieve this goal by working on their passing, shooting, and stick skills and their sheer athletic ability. Come and watch the boys team as they try to make history.

• Boys Lacrosse Bounces Back

Farewell to the Field

• Boys Lacrosse Bounces Back

Just the Beginning

• Boys Lacrosse Bounces Back

Becoming a Blue Lion

• Boys Lacrosse Bounces Back

8-Peat

• Boys Lacrosse Bounces Back

New Beginnings

• Boys Lacrosse Bounces Back

Spring Sports

Saying Farewell to the Game

• Boys Lacrosse Bounces Back

Christmas in the Spring

• Boys Lacrosse Bounces Back

Order Your All Sports Athletic Pass!

• Boys Lacrosse Bounces Back

Seniors Snap Longstanding Streak

• Boys Lacrosse Bounces Back

Spring Sports

Game, Set, Match

Boys Lacrosse Bounces Back