Ramirez and Barrett named October Students of the Month

Every month Midlo recognizes two students, one from the 11th and 12th grade and another from 9th and 10th grade for going above and beyond in their classes. David Ramirez and Reese Barrett were awarded the honor of being named the October Students of the Month for the 2021-2022 school year. They both strive to make Midlo a better place and have been commended for their continuous respectful attitudes and dedication inside the classroom.

Junior David Ramirez is the upper-class recipient of the October Student of the Month Award. Ramirez is dedicated to his studies and has received awards in the past for his academic achievements. While Ramirez is honored to have received this award, he “would like to thank God, as God shows that you are more than what you do.” He would also like to thank all of his teachers because they always “show up for their students with lots of love.” Ramirez is an active member of the Paws for a Cause Club, and he also helps with Midlo’s football team. 

Sophomore Reese Barrett is the underclass recipient of the October Student of the Month Award. Barrett is regarded by her teachers as someone who “strives academically and constantly going above and beyond in her classes” while also being an active part of Midlo’s sports life. She is “extremely thankful” to all the teachers who nominated her for this award because the title is a “privilege” to receive. Barrett is in Spanish Club, FBLA, Field Hockey and Lacrosse. 

Congratulations, David and Reese!