Sophomore class officers hold virtual talent show

Class of 2023 Virtual Talent Show

Midlos Sophomore Class Council announces their 2020 virtual talent show.

Photo by: Camryn Turner

Midlo’s Sophomore Class Council announces their 2020 virtual talent show.

As the temperatures drop and students eagerly await winter break, the Sophomore Class Council introduced a virtual talent show. On Monday, December 14th, the Sophomore Class Council took to Instagram to announce their upcoming virtual talent show.  Starting Saturday, December 19th, all Midlo sophomores are invited to showcase their hidden talents and take the spotlight by using the recording site Flipgrid to upload a video of themselves performing their talent. Sophomores are able to upload their own pre-recorded video that is a maximum of 3 minutes.  On Saturday, January 8th, video submissions will be closed, and the show will move into the voting stage.  Unlike video submissions, voting will be open to all grade levels and will start on January 11th.  Students are able to leave their vote by liking the video of their choice.  On January 15th, the polls will close and the sophomore class officers will review the votes and announce a winner.  Sophomores are able to access the Flipgrid using the link or by using the access code: a6669432.

The virtual talent show arose when the class officers were diligently discussing and thinking of ways to engage their peers.  Sophomore Class President Patterson Summers said, “We decided to host a virtual talent show to try to engage sophomores and give them something to get excited about, even during this devastating pandemic.” The talent show is an opportunity for students to participate in a school event and see the hidden talents of their peers.  Sophomore Community Service Coordinator Aaron Liu stressed the importance of holding this talent show because “it’s giving the students something entertaining to do while at home, and they will have a chance to show off their skills.” Summers is hopeful it will be a success, “I can’t wait to see all the videos. I’m sure they will be amazing!”

With enough participation, the officers predict a foreseeable prize based on different categories.  The class officers would also like to promote their Remind group for sophomores who would like to receive updates and announcements. To join the Remind group, click here from a mobile phone.  For more information and updates from the sophomore class, follow their class Instagram page @Midlo2023.