Students start scheduling process for 2020-2021 school year

Scheduling 2020

Photo by: Zoe Kopidis

Students select their classes for the 2020-2021 school year.

On Wednesday, February 5, 2020, Midlothian High School students began the annual scheduling process for the following school year. This year, Midlo Morning instructors provided a video from Dr. Shawn Abel which explained the scheduling process. The platform for this process took place via StudentVue through a tab called “Course Selection,” where students could select a course from a dynamic repertoire of options and add it to their created schedules. The scheduling session went fairly smoothly with students selecting their desired courses in a timely manner. Prior to this, teachers and students discussed their plans for next year to help provide direction for the coming year. Freshman Kyle Reeder commented on his first scheduling experience, stating, “Seeing such a long list of courses really opened my eyes to the opportunities that could deepen my interests on some of these subjects. Lots of classes [exist that] I had never even known were offered at Midlo, but I’m genuinely excited to explore the choices.”

From February 10 to March 27, individual meetings with counselors and students will take place to further guide students through this process. During this time, students will go over their schedules with their counselors and discuss possible concerns or questions regarding next school year. Following meetings, on April 15, students will receive course verification sheets to review for accuracy, as well as to take home to their parents for a signature and further approval.  The last day to drop a class is April 24th, and no schedule changes are allowed following this date. Aspiring Tech Center students must submit applications by February 28, 2020.