Students Rewarded for Exemplary Work in School Publications

Quill and Scroll Inductions 2018

Quill & Scroll inductees exhibit superior work on Midlo’s publications. Pictured: (front row) Elise Pritchard, BJ Beckwith, Eva Johnson, and Nabiha Rais; (back row) Joy Li, Maclane Self, Katie Patrick, Madison McCallum, and Ashley Manheim; (not pictured) Jenna Kyte and Riley Townsend

On Thursday, April 12, 2018, the Quill & Scroll International Honorary Society for High School Journalists inducted ten new members during Midlo Morning. As an inductee, each student met the requirement of having a ‘B’ average and executing superior work in their respective publication classes. Before the ceremony, publication sponsors, Mrs. Murfee (TLN), Mrs. Tully (Midlo Scoop), and Mr. Johnson (Yearbook), spoke of the incredible honor associated with induction into Quill & Scroll.

As the event kicked off, new members received yellow mums, pins, and certificates. All senior members received blue and gold graduation cords. Following the induction, students and staff enjoyed delicious Sugar Shack donuts decorated with blue and gold frosting and yummy fruit to congratulate each member on their membership in the honor society. Mrs. Jackie Tully, the Midlo Scoop sponsor, “is so proud of the new inductees and looks forward to seeing the rest of [her] staff reach this goal next year.” Congratulations to both new and old members of Quill and Scroll for exceeding journalism expectations and working hard to inform students and staff of the events happening every day at Midlothian High School. 

2018 Quill and Scroll Inductees

Midlo Scoop (Online Newspaper)

BJ Beckwith

Eva Johnson

Joy Li

Ashley Manheim

Nabiha Rais

Riley Townsend

The Trojan (Yearbook)

Madison McCallum

Katie Patrick

Trojan Live Network (Broadcast Journalism)

Elise Pritchard

Maclane Self