• Good luck during second quarter!

• To place an ad in the Midlo Scoop, contact Mrs. Tully at [email protected] Thanks for your support!

Filed under Student Life

A Wonderous Winter Whirl

SCA/Senior Class Winter Dance

Photo by: Hannah Walker
2017 Winter Whirl Dance

On February 4, 2017, students gathered at Midlothian High School for a night of dancing, singing, and lots of fun at the 2017 Midlo High Winter Whirl Dance. For freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors alike, it definitely proved a night to remember with incredible music and memories that will last a lifetime. The SCA and Senior Class beautifully decorated the open commons with snowflakes, streamers, and much more winter decor. Winter Whirl officially began at 8:00 PM sharp, but it really kicked off when seniors, such as: Ivan Jackson, Aaron Hou, Elli Perkins, and Grace Clarke, arrived with an air of excitement, prepared to show off the new moves they had picked up since Homecoming.

According to freshmen, Tyler Hylton, “Homecoming was a blast, and I didn’t think Winter Whirl would compare to Homecoming, but it totally did! It was a ton of fun, and I am so glad I attended. The Senior Class and SCA really outdid themselves with this dance.” Senior Class Vice President Katherine Wroblewski said, “I think everyone at the dance really enjoyed themselves. There was no drama, an upbeat atmosphere, and good music — the perfect dance.” Danny McLaughlin, Senior Class Secretary, added, “It was a really great to see all my friends let loose and have a good time, and it was a nice break from the stress of colleges and things like that.”

When the dance came to an end at 11:00 PM, students began filing out of the gym, feeling satisfied with the knowledge that they had spent their Saturday to the fullest with friends. Matthew McRaney said, “I was sad the dance was over, but I had a fantastic time, and I, among many other students, can’t wait to see what’s in store for Homecoming next year!”         

A big thank you to the senior class officers, Sam Maguire, Elli Perkins, Alexa Battle, Danny McLaughlin, and Katherine Wroblewski, and the SCA officers, Tyler Gregory, Bethany Crisp, Alexis Ruse, Lauren Roper, and Isobel Harrison, as well Ms. Goins and Mrs. Smith for their amazing efforts creating a successful and memorable dance for everyone.

• A Wonderous Winter Whirl

Clubs and Activities

Food Fight to End Hunger

• A Wonderous Winter Whirl

Clubs and Activities

DECA Takes On Charlottesville

• A Wonderous Winter Whirl

Clubs and Activities

Homework Helpers Make a Difference

• A Wonderous Winter Whirl

Fall Sports

Midlothian Football Celebrates Senior Night

• A Wonderous Winter Whirl

Clubs and Activities

Writers Guild Open Mic

• A Wonderous Winter Whirl

Student Life

Seniors Reminisce About Girls State and Boys State

• Clubs and Activities

Seniors Launch the Canned Food Drive

• A Wonderous Winter Whirl

Midlo Community

Walton Park Celebrates Halloween

• A Wonderous Winter Whirl

Spirit

A Haunting Halloween Hits Midlo

• A Wonderous Winter Whirl

Clubs and Activities

Midlo Latin Club Visits a Local Nursing Home

A Wonderous Winter Whirl