Spin, Spin, Spin to Win!

Midlo Scoop Spins the Wheel at Chick-Fil-A Spirit Night

The cow helps the students by holding the sign!

Come one! Come all to Chick-fil-a for Midlo Scoop Spirit Night! On November 1st, the Scoop staff manned Westchester Commons Chick-Fil-A Spirit Night to raise money for the newspaper. Around 5 pm, business at the prize wheel started slowly, with faculty members comprising the only customers. Thinking quickly, staff members Michael DeMatteo and Ellen Tucker ran to the nearest craft store to pick up supplies to create posters to catch the attention of costumers. Anna Chen and Ashley Manheim danced around outside the restaurant holding the fresh signs, as the Chick-Fil-A cow helped them draw interest. Lara Ann Douglas and Emily Junkmann manned the spinner, handing out prizes to students, faculty, and community members, who each paid one dollar to try their luck.

A number of Midlothian students visited the spinner wheel. Sam Maguire and Aaron Hou spun the wheel the most, with Lucas Via coming in a close second. Sam spun the wheel ten times and Aaron spun the wheel fifteen times. All three students earn coupons for free Chick-fil-a items. A kind community member, Mr. Morris, also contributed generously to the cause.

Along with enjoying Chick-Fil-A, volunteers for Operation Christmas Child  also handed out shoeboxes to be filled for needy children for the holidays. A number of Midlothian students, as well as members of the Midlothian community, took boxes and planned to return them tothe Westchester Chick-Fil-A in order to support the effort. To find out more, check out their website: https://www.samaritanspurse.org/what-we-do/operation-christmas-child/

The Midlo Scoop Staff would like to thank everyone who came out to support the newspaper, as well as Westchester Commons Chick-Fil-A for the opportunity. We appreciate families and community members who mentioned the Scoop to support our publication.