Girls soccer salutes seniors with senior night

Girls Soccer Senior Night 2022

Girls+soccer+celebrate+seniors+with+senior+night.+

Photo by: Erin Junkmann

Girls soccer celebrate seniors with senior night.

After an impressive season of 11-2, the Varsity Girls Soccer Team celebrated their seniors on Friday, May 13, 2022, with senior night. At a home game against Manchester High School, Midlo easily won, 2-0. During halftime, the seniors were escorted by family members to commemorate one of their final games. 

Liza Adamik has been on Varsity since her sophomore year and is attending the University of Georgia next year to study business.  Her favorite part of being on the team is how close she’s grown with all of the girls and how they’ve quickly become some of her best friends. 

Alex Walker has been on the team for four years and is attending Virginia Tech next year to study chemistry. Although she’s loved every memory she’s made with the team, pasta parties and scoring goals against rivals have really stood out as some of her favorite parts of being on the team. 

Lauren Zevnik has been on Varsity for four years and will be studying psychology at George Mason University next year. Her favorite memory is winning regionals against Monacan in her freshman year. 

Lucy Edwards has been playing on Varsity for two years and will be attending Clemson University next year. Her favorite memory from being on the team is when “someone on the team got a bug stuck in her ear,” but her favorite part is playing soccer with some of her best friends. 

Jake McGuire has been on Varsity for three years, but started on JV her freshmen year. Next year, she’ll be continuing her studies at John Tyler Community College.

Mia Calbreath has been on Varsity for two years and is going to Virginia Wesleyan University next year. Her favorite part of being on the teams is chemistry all the girls have and pre-game music parties they would have in the team room. 

Congratulations, Seniors!