Message from Dr. Abel

Midlo Principal’s Message: January 4, 2022

Dr.+Abel+delivers+weekly+school-wide+message+every+Tuesday.+

Photo by: Bridget Tracy

Dr. Abel delivers weekly school-wide message every Tuesday.

Covid Safety Measures

As we return students to in-person learning, it is vital that our staff and students adhere to all the mitigating measures in place.  Any student who is observed not wearing their mask properly will receive one warning before calling parents to discuss our observations and concerns. After that, students will receive disciplinary consequences for not adhering to our mitigating strategies.

If your student does test positive for covid, please communicate this information with our school nurse, Linda Schaich at [email protected] or by calling 378-2440 immediately.

Please be sure to review the Covid updates previously shared earlier this week and available on the school division’s Covid Guidance Page.

We want your feedback!  CCPS Survey Information

Chesterfield County Public Schools is committed to continuously improving our schools. We value families’ voices as they partner with us to provide meaningful learning experiences for our students. We are interested in your perspectives as we review high school coursework and consider the curriculum’s impact on students’ futures. We invite you to complete the survey linked below by January 11 to provide your input in this review.

For the purposes of this survey, please answer when considering your oldest student who is currently in grades 6-11.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

School Experiences and Outcomes survey – parent/guardian – English

School Experiences and Outcomes  survey – parent/guardian – Spanish

Safety Reminders

Please remind students to report immediately to administration (or another faculty member) if they ever learn of any school safety concerns. The sooner we are made aware, the sooner we can investigate and do our best to ensure a safe learning environment for everyone.

Also, please reiterate with our students to be careful what they post on social media. We have students who are starting anonymous social media accounts, encouraging others to upload pictures of others, share confessions, and more. Now more than ever, it is important that our students learn how to use social media responsibly.  

Change to MM schedule coming in January

MM 0 will now be on Wednesday. Below is the MM schedule, please make note of the change which is in effect for the remainder of the school year.

MM Schedule – 2022

Monday – MM 1

Tuesday – MM 2

Wednesday – MM 0

Thursday – MM 3

Friday – MM 4.

Daily Announcements

Click here at any time to view our daily slideshow announcements or our weekly video announcements

Click here to view this week’s video announcements (shared on Monday, December 6, 2021)

Attention Seniors!

2021-22 Graduation Ceremony

Mark your calendars for: 7 P.M. Monday, May 23, 2022 at the Siegel Center. More information to share as the date nears.

Scholarship Opportunities

Please click here (and check back frequently for updates) for updated scholarship information