Curriculum Fair offers a glimpse into course selections

2021-2022 Course Scheduling Information

Photo by: Midlothian High School

Midlothian High School Curriculum Fair 2021

As scheduling for the 2021-2022 school year gets underway, the School Counseling Department kicks-off the process by hosting its annual Curriculum Fair virtually. Meant to assist students in planning their courses for the next school year, the virtual Curriculum Fair will have pre-recorded informational videos detailing class expectations and workloads. Students of all grade levels, as well as their parents, are encouraged to watch the videos for the classes that most interest them. 

By accessing the Scheduling Central tab on Midlo’s Virtual Learning Hub that became available on Tuesday, January 19, 2021, students will find a plethora of vital information at their fingertips. A message from Principal Dr. Shawn Abel starts everything off and is followed by an in-depth video tour of the website by Associate Principal Dr. Stefanie Mooney. Since it is organized by department, students can easily choose what classes they want to learn about, using the suggestions made by their teachers prior to winter break as a guide. The site also includes relevant information regarding the wide range of offered electives, graduation requirements, and even addresses IB, DE, and AP rigor. However, when planning for the upcoming school year, it is extremely important to remember that balance is key and to find classes that best suit individual needs. As in other years, students will still have the opportunity to meet one-on-one with their counselor in the months ahead to finalize scheduling decisions.

A virtual question and answer session for students and parents will be held on Thursday, January 21, 2021, through the Zoom platform. This event is primarily to address the scheduling process itself. For specific course questions, individuals must get in touch with the class’s corresponding contact provided on the course presentation slideshows.