FBLA club inspires business-minded students

Future Business Leaders of America

Photo by: Daniel Baker

Erik DeVriendt, owner and operator of the Westchester Commons Chick-Fil-A, spoke to Midlothian High School FBLA members about the value of excellent customer service.

On Friday, September 27, 2019, Midlo FBLA members gathered in the auditorium during Midlo Morning to hear from Erik DeVriendt, Owner/Operator of the Westchester Commons Chick-Fil-A franchise. DeVriendt, who has owned the franchise since its opening in 2011, shared with members the ins and outs of the food service industry. “Chick-Fil-A is the third most profitable fast food restaurant in the United States, and that’s because of our excellent customer service” explained Mr. DeVriendt. A survey of students in attendance showed that most preferred Chick-Fil-A over any other fast-food restaurant.

Mrs. Yvonne Mullins, Midlo FBLA Sponsor shared, “I always enjoy having Erik DeVriendt speak for our club. He is a big supporter of Midlothian High School.” Chapter members enjoyed a breakfast of Chicken Minis, while watching a video on Chick-Fil-A customer relation techniques. “Every time I go to Chick-Fil-A, the employees are helpful, and its clear they really do care about my experience,” said senior Michael Olivero. Upon the conclusion of the video, the students played a game of Chick-Fil-A trivia, and the winners received coupons for complimentary chicken sandwiches.