Midlo Celebrates Rising Stars

3rd Nine Weeks RISE Breakfast

Photo by: Zoe Kopidis
RISE recipients Sophie King and Gia Schiavone enjoy fresh Chick-Fil-A sandwiches in the open commons.

On March 1, 2018, students from all grade levels, who demonstrate the RISE characteristics, gathered in the auditorium during Midlo Morning. These exceptional 120 students, along with their parents, convened to recognize and celebrate the students who embody the RISE standards daily. The RISE acronym stands for Respectful, Impactful, reSponsible, and courtEous, and encompasses the overall guidelines for creating a “Community of Excellence” at Midlo.

Assistant Principal Mr. Robert Gifford opened the ceremony by welcoming parents, praising students, and speaking about RISE. Then, he introduced a guest speaker, Ted Jones, who opened his speech by enthusiastically congratulating each student on their achievement. Jones, a former teacher and Success Coordinator at Midlo, is originally from Wales. During the assembly, his motivational message highlighted the importance of being inclusive and treating people fairly. These actions both help students become the best version of themselves, as well as create a loving and unified community.

Afterwards, the recipients and their parents enjoyed a breakfast of Chick-Fil-A sandwiches, fruits, and water. Emile Judson shares,“ It feels rewarding to be recognized by teacher for upholding the RISE characteristics.” At a later time, teachers will recognize students for their achievement in a classroom setting. 

Congratulations, RISE Recipients!