Filed under Showcase, Sports

Botello Commits to Belmont Abbey

Baylea Botello Commits to Play Volleyball Belmont Abbey

On December 23, 2019, senior Baylea Botello signed her National Letter of Intent to officially play Division II Volleyball at the Belmont Abbey College, Home of the Crusaders. Botello is thrilled to start in the fall and has already made plans to live on campus for the next four years. Botello has known she wanted to play college volleyball since her freshman year, when she started playing on the JV team. “My mom played volleyball in college, so I knew I wanted to do the same,” says Botello. “I started playing volleyball freshman year and have been playing since then. I started playing when I stopped basketball and track in high school and wanted to see if I would like the sport as much as my mom did.” Botello played on the JV and then later Varsity throughout all four years and also has played on two travel teams: UTURN and RVC. “Baylea is definitely one of my best friends, and without her pushing me through games and practices, I wouldn’t be where I am today,” adds teammate, Morgan Meyers.

Botello has worked so hard these past four years that representatives from the school contacted her first trying to recruit her for the fall. Botello shares, “A Belmont coach reached out to me and encouraged me to apply for their volleyball team.” After visiting Belmont’s campus, Baylea described the visit on February 2nd as “super exciting,” adding, “I loved it there.” Botello is beyond excited to have received an acceptance to her first choice of college and plans to continue playing volleyball throughout her college career. Although Belmont was her top choice, she also applied and was accepted into Christopher Newport University, Shepard University, Charleston University, and James Madison University. Besides playing the sport she loves, Botello plans to double major in Accounting and Sports Management at her new home, come this September.

Belmont Abbey College is a private college, located in Belmont, North Carolina. It is home to over 1,400 students and is known for its mission to provide an education that will help their students lead lives of integrity and success. Named 2018 Best Southeastern College, Belmont provides students with southern hospitality and welcomes Botello to their campus when their doors open this fall. 

About the Writers
  • Botello Commits to Belmont Abbey

Spotlights

Anticipating a Lifetime of Opportunity

• Botello Commits to Belmont Abbey

Midlo Medford Basketball Celebrates Seniors at Final Home Game

• Botello Commits to Belmont Abbey

Special Features

Midlo Aims to Strike Out Cancer

• Botello Commits to Belmont Abbey

Clubs and Activities

DECA Waves Goodbye to the SLC Competition

• Botello Commits to Belmont Abbey

Special Features

Are You Ready to Battle?

• Botello Commits to Belmont Abbey

Special Features

A Space for Relaxation

• Botello Commits to Belmont Abbey

Student Life

Embracing French Language at Congrès

• Botello Commits to Belmont Abbey

Midlo Indoor Track Races at States

• Botello Commits to Belmont Abbey

Babashak and Morgan Earn Regional Recognition

• Botello Commits to Belmont Abbey

Spotlights

Rowe Receives Appointment to Prestigious U. S. Air Force Academy

Botello Commits to Belmont Abbey