Incoming Freshmen Get a Taste of Midlo

Scheduling Night, 2019

Photo by: Ashley Manheim
2019 Scheduling Night: Chorus/Theatre Classes

On Tuesday, January 8, 2019, Midlothian High School opened up its front doors for the annual Scheduling Night, geared to help Midlothian students, especially the incoming class of freshmen, find classes that will fit them best in high school. Numerous Midlo teachers and students came out to help share their favorite classes with the new students, and each class set up a tri-fold and provided flyers, stickers, or candy for interested students. Junior Adrian Cox shares, “I helped promote AP Economics, a course I am taking this year, and I really enjoyed helping out the future students and encouraging them to take a class that will really help them after high school.”

In addition to the AP World stand, the auxiliary gym also featured information regarding electives, science, math, English, language, and CTE classes. Midlo’s open commons featured displays promoting art, theater, and chorus classes with multiple energetic students, such as Cassidy SheltonJozie PerryKaija Taylor, and Pauline Spencer, on hand to help discuss their classes with students. The event welcomed all students, but mostly incoming freshmen and transfer students benefited from the information, as scheduling time approaches in the middle and high schools.