Société Française D’Honneur Inducts New Students

2018 French Honors Society Induction

Photo by: Chloe Naughton
Chloe Naughton and Sherinne Zhang celebrate their induction into the French Honor Society.

On Tuesday, November 27, 2018, the Autumn Société Française D’Honneur (French National Honors Society) induction commenced. The society sponsors, Madame Catherine Mazzola and Madame Hannah Foster, organized the grand production for the special day. Inductees and families alike attended the celebratory event. President Julia Gagulska opened the meeting by welcoming and congratulating the students. The previously inducted members then reminded students and families of the requirements for the society. The SHF expects that students maintain a 4.0 GPA in all French courses for a minimum of six semesters, a 3.0 GPA in all academic classes, a clear disciplinary record, and participation in either the French Club, the French Exchange program, National French Exam, or Congres Francais.  Finally, the annual induction tradition, Course du Flambeau or “The Candle Lighting,” occurred. Each prospective member stood and lit their candle, repeating “Un homme qui sait deux langues en vaut deux,” which translates to “A man who knows two languages is worth two.” After the ceremony, Madame Mazzola brought in a cake and snacks for the inductees to enjoy. Congratulations to the new members:

Chloe Arsac

Tiffani Bartee

Victory Edamwen

Tyler Ezell

Rylee Gregory

Kasey Lewis

Paul Miller

Chloe Naughton

Tyler Proctor

Jack Williams

Sherinne Zhang