Teachers Recognizing Teachers

Mrs. Mary Williams, Math Department

Mrs. Mary Williams, March Teachers Recognizing Teachers Recipient

Each month, a member of Midlo’s faculty recognizes another teacher who goes above and beyond the call of duty in the classroom. Last month’s TRT recipient, Mr. Ted Jones recognized Mrs. Mary Williams from the Math Department for her positive attitude and willingness to support all of her students, especially those involved in the Success program. Mrs. Williams is always willing to stay late to offer extra help, and students feel comfortable with her and feel her steadfast support. For these reasons and so many more, Mrs. Mary Williams is the March recipient of the Teachers Recognizing Teachers Award.

Mrs. Mary Williams has taught mathematics for fourteen years. In her first year at Midlo, Mrs. Williams has managed to significantly impact both students and faculty alike. Currently, she helps students prepare for upper-level critical thinking-based mathematics. In her Algebra 2 and AFDA classes, she emphasizes both practicality and deeper understanding.  She describes the students at Midlo as “engaged” and well-supported and intuitive to the learning process.  Furthermore, she also emphasizes the the fact that the front office staff, her own department, as well as the overall faculty at Midlothian have been extremely welcoming to her. Congratulations, Mrs. Williams!