Message from Dr. Abel

Midlo Principal’s Message: January 18, 2021

Principals+Message

Photo by: Bridget Tracy

Principal’s Message

What’s happening

Be sure to check out our daily announcements to remain informed. Information related to club news, tutoring options, and more can often be found on our school’s daily announcements.

Daily Announcements

Click here at any time to view our daily slideshow announcements or our weekly video announcements

Click here to view this week’s video announcements

Scheduling Update

It’s that time of year, time for each student (and parent) to start thinking about their 2022-23 course schedule.  Check out some important dates and scheduling  information below.

• January 19 – Stop, Drop, and Schedule during MM0
  • Students will select their courses electronically via Synergy on January 19, and then will meet individually with their school counselor.

If you have any questions, please contact your student’s school counselor. Scheduling will be open until Friday January 21.

Tech Center Applications

Attention all rising 11 and 12 grade families! The application for the tech center opened on January 18, 2022. If your student is interested in applying for a tech center program, please have them visit thetechcenter.info to apply.

CCPS Online 2022-2023 

Registration for summer and school year CCPS online will open on February 1st. Each course is $325. Registration can be completed at https://mychesterfieldschools.com/ccpsonline/ .

Course Selection – Counselor Meetings

Individual student scheduling meetings with students will start the week of January 24 and conclude March 11. At that time, counselors will discuss course selections for next year, graduation requirements and post graduation plans.

CCPS Resources

Click on either of the links below to access recently shared CCPS resources.

Important Dates

March 23 – Junior SAT Test date (more info to follow)

Click here to view the 2021-22 school year calendar

Staying Informed

Don’t forget to check out our weekly video announcement (every Wednesday) by clicking here or our daily announcements (slideshow) by clicking here.  

Covid Safety Measures and Reminders

As we return students to in-person learning, it is vital that our staff and students adhere to all the mitigating measures in place. Any student who is observed not wearing their mask properly will receive one warning before calling parents to discuss our observations and concerns.  After that, students will receive disciplinary consequences for not adhering to our mitigating strategies.

If your student does test positive for covid, please communicate this information with our school nurse, Linda Schaich at [email protected] or by calling 378-2440 immediately.

Please be sure to review the Covid updates previously shared earlier this week and available on the school division’s Covid Guidance Page.

PTSO Update

A huge THANK YOU to everyone who made a donation for the staff gift card drive.  We were able to purchase $25.00 gift cards for all 190 staff members! We purchased a great variety from our local RVA restaurants and shops.  Your donation helped support your school and local business community.  We truly appreciate your support to make the upcoming luncheon a great treat for the amazing Midlothian staff.

There are a few upcoming volunteer opportunities.  We are looking for PTSO members to be part of our Nominating Committee as well as volunteers to run for Board position for next year. We also will need many volunteers to help with Post Prom. Please watch for future messages if you are interested in volunteering. Or email us at [email protected] with any questions.   

Attention Seniors

2021-22 Graduation Ceremony

Mark your calendars for:  7 P.M. Monday, May 23, 2022 at the Siegel Center. More information to share as the date nears.

Scholarship Opportunities

Please click here (and check back frequently for updates) for updated scholarship information