Midlothian Trojan Band and Wegmans Present Showcase of Bands

Saturday, October 19, 2019; gates open at 3 pm

Midlo Showcase of Bands takes place on Saturday, October 19, 2019.

Photo by: Midlothian Band Boosters

(MIDLOTHIAN, VA, October 1, 2019) — On Saturday, October 19, 2019 the Midlothian High School Trojan Band and Wegmans Midlothian will host the 13th Annual Showcase of Bands at Midlothian High School located at 401 Charter Colony Parkway, Midlothian VA 23114. Gates open by 3 pm. Admission is $8.00. 

According to Gordon Rawls, the Midlothian High School Band Director, “The Showcase of Bands is a Marching Band event held each fall that invites bands from throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia to perform their field shows in competition. Bands from around Virginia participate in an all-day event, celebration, and activity.” It is a primary fundraiser for the Midlothian Band Boosters.

Bands from around the Commonwealth of Virginia will perform in this year’s Showcase of Bands making it one of the best band competitions in Virginia. Bands confirmed to participate include: Dinwiddie High School, Green Run High School, Manchester High School, Midlothian High School, Mills E. Godwin High School, Prince Edward High School, Prince George High School, Stuarts Draft High School, and Thomas Dale High School.

Wegmans Midlothian is the Title Sponsor. Great Harvest Bread Company is the Hospitality Sponsor. Additional sponsorship, advertising, and in-kind donation opportunities are available. Tickets and final performance schedule area available online at www.MidloBand.org/Showcase.

For more information, please visit www.MidloBand.org/Showcase or call 804-477-2102

MEDIA CONTACT:

Name: Gary Powers

Phone: 703-786-8226

Email: [email protected]