Juniors enjoy accolades at awards assembly

2019 junior class awards assembly

Photo by: Lauren Cassano
2019 Midlo Junior Class Awards Assembly

On Monday June 3, 2019, Midlo recognized the accomplishments of the Class of 2020 at the Junior Awards Assembly. Junior Class President, Preston Willett, opened the ceremony by welcoming parents, faculty, and students. Following this, Principal Dr. Shawn Abel kicked off the awards.

Throughout the assembly, various teachers awarded certificates based on their subject areas to students who deserved recognition for standing out in the classroom.  Activities Director Mrs. Shea Collins then asked all athletes to stand, calling them out by team. She included organizations that support the school as well, such as: band, cheerleaders, chorus, dance team, underscoring their significance to the Midlo’s success, and encouraged the rest of the students to get involved during the final year in high school.

Dr. Denise Bowes then recognized students who received perfect scores on the SOL, while those who maintained straight A’s or all A’s and B’s throughout the school year earned academic letters, pins, and stars. Following the school-based awards, presentation of scholarships and outside recognition took place, as juniors received the prestigious book awards.

Principal Abel congratulated the Class of 2020 on their accomplishments in the past year and challenged them to lead the school next year and make an already good school a great school under their guidance, work ethic, and leadership.