NAHS Plans for Fine Arts Festival

NAHS Ice Cream Social

Photo by: Tori Bullis
Isabel Dingus and Tess Wladar show off their tasty treats at the annual NAHS Ice Cream Social.

On Wednesday, March 20, 2019, members of National Art Honors Society (NAHS) gathered to host their annual Ice Cream Social. The event took place at 3:00 pm after school in the art studio. The annual Ice Cream Social is an NAHS tradition, where art lovers of the esteemed society gather to discuss how to make positive advancements in the art community, as well as to celebrate art appreciation. This meeting specifically was dedicated to planning the annual CCPS Fine Arts Festival. Each year, CCPS showcases the work of gifted students for a weekend at a selected Chesterfield County High School. This year, Midlothian High School will host the Fine Arts Festival, requiring a great deal of planning by the Art Department, and the NAHS students plan to put exceptional effort into this thrilling event.

The Fine Arts Festival is free and open to the public and will feature art, music, drama, and a variety of other attractions. Throughout the year, Midlo art students have consistently collaborated on ideas for the Fine Arts Festival. NAHS member Devyn Vernier states, “We’ve put a lot of work into this, and I’m ecstatic to see the outcome. The Fine Arts Festival is one of the most exciting art events all year.” The highly anticipated event is soon to become a reality for the Midlo Arts Department. For more information about the Fine Arts Festival or other related activities, contact Mrs. Kristen Joswick.