Spirit Club Gives Back to the Community

2018 Spirit Club Wrapping Party

On December 17, 2018, the Midlothian High School Spirit Club held its annual holiday gift wrapping party. While the Spirit Club loves to show school spirit, they also love to give back to the community and the Midlothian family. Students gathered in the library during Midlo Morning to wrap gifts for local families. Teachers and clubs at Midlothian had the opportunity “adopt” a child from Midlothian families and have their class bring in gifts from the wish list. Along with gifts, the Spirit Club collected non-perishable canned goods for each family.

“The holiday gift giving has been a tradition for at least a decade here at Midlothian,” explains Midlo’s Spirit Club sponsor, Mr. Nicholas Kirkbride.  This year, with the help of students and teachers, the Midlothian Community was able to help five families, each with babies, young children, and teenagers. “I think this tradition is a good way for kids at Midlo to support their community and give back to their friends,” states Mr. Kirkbride.

The Midlo library was filled with laughter and conversation while students wrapped gifts. The librarians, Ms. Mazzanti and Mrs. Murfee, helped the Spirit Club president, Abby Hinz, host the event.  Mr. Kirkbride attended to help wrap presents, direct students, and bring holiday cheer to those in attendance. All students who donated a gift to their “family” received an invitation to attend the event. Spirit Club Treasurer Alison Vonderharr exclaims,  “I was so happy with how many people came, and I really think we will make someone’s Christmas great.” 

The Spirit Club would like to thank everyone who donated gifts to ensure that every child would have a presents under their tree this Christmas.