21 questions for 2021 with Director of Student Activities Shea Collins
21 questions for 2021
Midlothian High School’s Director of Student Activities Ms. Shea Collins answers Midlo Scoop’s 21 questions for 2021. Collins earned a Master’s in Education from Virginia State University and has been working in education for 21 years. Collins coached varsity girls basketball for 10 years and was an Honors and IB Biology teacher prior to working in administration. Collins was also the Student Activities Director at Huguenot High School. She is in her sixth year at Midlothian High School.
1. What type of food best represents you?
Seafood and salads
2. What’s your spirit animal?
A Trojan! I went to Virginia State University, and Midlo is the Trojans as well.
3. If you were given a million dollars to open a new type of museum, what would it contain?
African American Art, classes, seminars, and various other learning resources and activities for grades 3-8.
4. What animal would be the most terrifying if it could speak?
5. What was your first job?
6. What near future predictions do you have?
When we speak of equal justice and space for all that it actually happens. We are so far away from that. People continue to have perceived ideas of those of the opposite race that they don’t take the time to actually ask for understanding. Racism is real!
7. If you could travel to one place right now where would it be?
8. Is a hotdog a sandwich?
I don’t eat franks, but maybe not since it’s only one slice of bread, but technically it’s two as the bun opens on both sides.
9. There are now 25 hours in a day! How do you spend your extra hour?
Trying NOT to do school work!
10. What is your cell phone wallpaper?
11. If you had your own talk show, what would your first three guests be?
President Obama, J-Lo, and a gospel singing group
12. Would you rather have a rewind button or a pause button on your life?
13. Name an imaginary class you wish Midlo offered.
African History class and it be taught for the right reasons not to justify an agenda!
14. If you were a refrigerator, what item would you hate holding?
Sour cream and milk
15. Which of Snow White’s seven dwarfs describes you best?
16. What book are you reading right now?
The Gentleman in the Gray Suit
17. If you could create your own TV show what would it be like?
How to help support and promote young people of color as they become adults and resources to help them
18. What sport would you compete in if you were in the Olympics?
Basketball or Track
19. If your house was on fire and all your family members and pets were safe, and you were given the opportunity to go back and save one thing, what would it be?
My family photos!
20. If you could give a piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be?
Continue to thrive but don’t put off anything in education or traveling. You need all experiences and may not have a chance to relive those moments.
21. How many pennies do you think could fit into Midlo’s library?