Summer Behind the Wheel Registration

May 23 & May 24: 6:30 am-7:00 am in the Closed Commons

Photo by: Mrs. Jackie Tully

Sign up for Summer Behind the Wheel.

SUMMER BEHIND THE WHEEL Registration (July and August, 2017)

On May 23 and 24, registration will take place for students who wish to sign up for the summer session (July and August dates) of Behind-The-Wheel instruction.

Registration will be held from 6:30 am-7:00 am in the Closed Commons.

Any student arriving after 7:00 a.m. will not be enrolled that morning.

Students who wish to take behind the wheel this summer MUST:

• Have successfully completed classroom driver education. (If completed outside of Midlothian High School, a DEC-1 green card is needed to meet state guidelines.)
  • Have a current learner’s permit.  Permit must be presented at the time of registration!!!!!!
  • Have held learner’s permit for 9 months on or before October 1, 2017.  (Students who will have learners permit for 9 months after October 1, 2017 should see Mrs. Manuel to sign up for BTW sessions for September or later.)

The law requires students to have their learners for 9 months before their TDL-180 certificate may be issued, even if they are already 16 & 3 months.

Students should have their vacation plans available to assist them with selecting a time slot since there are a limited number of slots available for JULY and AUGUST.

Sign-ups will continue during designated lunch times until all summer driving slots are filled.  

Reminder of what to bring:

• Cost: $210 check or cash.  Check made payable to Midlothian High School or have exact amount in cash.
  • Learner’s permit (active)
  • Behind the Wheel enrollment form (available on Website or door of room 400).
  • Driving Log to this point (this will be a “check in” to see if being done correctly).
  • Vacation plans (any days/times that you are not available listed and brought with you)

IMPORTANT!!  Anyone needing to change driving dates or times after reserving a summer driving slot will be placed on the waiting list to be re-assigned based on availability.  If you enroll and need to cancel entirely, you need to notify your instructor ASAP because your partner will NOT be allowed to drive UNLESS a replacement can be found.  A refund will not be processed until fall.

Please note: Check your schedule and confirm with parents prior to enrolling as this impacts your partner and the instructor.

If you have any questions, please call Ms. Manuel at 378-2440 or have your child see her at school.