Congratulations, Midlo Students of the Year!

Bailey Blair and Will Pomeroy

Principal Shawn Abel congratulates Midlo Students of the Year, Bailey Blair and Will Pomeroy.

Bailey Blair, Class of 2017 

Our senior recipient, Bailey Blair,  is an exemplary leader in the building.  Sometimes she leads through her leadership title, but more often than not, she leads by example.  She maintains a grade point average that places her in the top 5% of her senior class rank, while taking several rigorous college level classes.  Of course, more important than her grades, is her big heart and caring attitude.  Bailey goes out of her way to support others, particularly those students in need.  She constantly puts the feelings and needs of others before her own. She also is respected by her peers, as she has been appointed director of Pitch Perfect and president of Just For Show.  She also has participated in multiple plays, successfully portraying a wealth of varying roles.

Will Pomeroy, Class of 2019 

Will Pomeroy, our sophomore recipient, is described by his teachers and peers as one of the kindest, thoughtful, positive, and talented students to walk the halls at Midlo.  Will has excelled on the court and on the field, as well as in the classroom, earning accolades for both athletics and academics.  This student athlete, a deep-thinker and talented writer, is a positive and thoughtful presence in the classroom. He treats all people, peers and adults alike, with respect and kindness.  Two teachers, on separate occasions, simply described Will as AWESOME!

Thank you, Bailey Blair and Will Pomeroy, for your contributions to Midlothian High School and congratulations on receiving the richly deserved honor of Midlo Students of the Year!