The Value of Honesty

Midlo Alum, Detective Chris Rizzuti, Speaks to Honorees

Career+Detective+Chris+Rizzuti+speaks+about+honesty+as+a+keynote+speaker+at+the+Core+Values+assembly.+

Photo by: Ashley Manheim

Career Detective Chris Rizzuti speaks about honesty as a keynote speaker at the Core Values assembly.

Honest students demonstrate their integrity both in and out of the classroom with academics and all of their achievements. Members of the Midlothian faculty nominated students who exemplify the trait of honesty. On Friday, February 10, 2017,  those exceptional students received recognition for the Core Values Award for honesty. 

The assembly began with the keynote speaker, Career Detective Chris Rizzuti. The Midlothian graduate is currently assigned to the Public Information section as a detective with the Chesterfield County/Colonial Heights Crime Solvers. His additional duties include: serving as a hostage negotiator, a general instructor to the police academy, and a member of the Honor Guard. Rizzuti has received numerous awards, such as Style Weekly’s “Richmond’s Top 40 Under 40″ and an Everyday Excellence Award from the Chesterfield County Board of Supervisors. He also has earned the Peer Award, Chief’s Commendation, a Life Saving Award, and a National Service Award. His speech exemplified what displaying honesty is truly about: sustaining trust, resisting those who cheati, and refraining from lying.

After his inspirational speech, the students, many of whom were joined by parents, enjoyed a complimentary breakfast from the PTSO and Chick-Fil-A. Congratulations to the Honesty Core Values Award recipients for their consistent sincerity and demonstration of honor through honesty.