Morning of Books and Fun

Summer Reading Celebration

Principal Shawn Abel chats with Junior Casey Joyce about his summer accomplishments.

Over the summer, Midlo students entered into the Summer Reading Celebration by completing different activities with their summer books, including taking a selfie. Those students who met the summer reading requirements and submitted those activities attended the Summer Reading Celebration during Midlo Morning on Tuesday, September 20th and won fabulous prizes. The students enjoyed a breakfast that included Chick-Fil-A and breakfast pizza and awaited the next phase of the celebration, prizes.

Each student’s name was entered based on the number of book submissions. Principal Shawn Abel started the raffle by drawing names from a basket and calling up winners. The excitement filled the room as students started began to come up to the front table to choose their prizes, which included gift cards to Regal Cinemas, Barnes & Noble, Starbucks, and Chick-Fil-A, head phones, wireless speakers, Kindle Paperwhite e-readers, flash drives, and a camera.  Joy Li commented, “ I was proud of myself for reading this summer, and now I am getting rewarded for it too!”.  

The library filled with laughter and delight as the students grateful accepted their gifts. As soon as news of the  Summer Reading Celebration party spread, many more students felt excited and eager to join in on the fun next summer.